It’s a real treat to find somewhere that hasn’t been spoilt by tourism and a cruise holiday to Latvia will take you to just such a place. It may be small, but it is perfectly formed, unpretentious and mesmerising. [ReadMoreMob]
Riga is an absolute joy. Its Old Town’s architecture has barely changed since medieval times, rightfully earning it UNESCO World Heritage status. Riga’s wealth of restaurants will introduce you to typically hearty Latvian cuisine. Red meat, fish and warming stews abound, all washed down with a local beer or, if you’re brave enough, some of the local spirits. But be warned, these are incredibly strong.
Not too far away is the popular seaside resort of Jurmala with its mineral springs and white sandy beach, perfect for relaxing and watching the world go by.
A cruise holiday to Latvia is a rare thing as it combines history, culture and stunning scenery in a country that has, so far, been unspoilt. Best keep it a secret so it remains that way.
Cruises to Latvia
Uncrowded Baltic • L2130Save to favourites
- Experience an immersive & relaxing exploration
- See St Petersburg city’s sights during an overnight stay
- Explore Tallinn’s enchanting Old Town
Uncrowded Baltic • T2124Save to favourites
- Visiting incredible cities when they are less crowded
- Enjoy a magical night at the Russian ballet
- Meet bell ringers at one of Tallinn’s historic churches
Baltic States with St Petersburg • M2221Save to favourites
- Visit the Palaces & ballet in St. Petersburg
- Explore the medieval old town in Tallinn
- Discover soviet landmarks in Kaliningrad