Bounded on the west by the Atlantic Ocean, on the north by the Mediterranean Sea and on the east by the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean, Africa is a vast plateau filled with wonder. Its sheer scale, natural beauty, diverse landscape, vibrant flora and fauna and welcoming people make Africa one of the most exciting and enchanting continents on the planet. [ReadMoreMob]
From the tropical rainforests of Uganda and Zanzibar’s pristine coastlines to the rippling dunes of the Namib Desert and the Great Rift Valley’s jagged mountains and deep canyons, the continent has a bewildering range of breath-taking scenery.[ReadMoreDesk] The savannah of the Serengeti, the snow-capped peaks of Kilimanjaro and Cape Town’s Table Mountain – all await the intrepid traveller. On the continent where human beings first came into existence, traditions and ancient rites can be found at every turn. From Egypt’s pyramids to Bedouin treks and Morocco’s Medina, interaction with Old Africa’s illuminating past is unavoidable.
Africa Cruise & Safari
For many, the continent’s safaris are its biggest draw: the possibility of seeing lions, rhinos, hippos, elephants, gorillas, leopards and flamingos in their natural habitat is possibly Africa’s greatest asset. An African safari may be viewed as a travel cliché these days, but just watching wild beasts in action in the Masai Mara, or a battle of wits between predator and prey in the Kruger National Park, still has the power to reduce visitors to a state of complete astonishment.
Reasons to Cruise Africa
Travelling within Africa can at times be challenging, but one thing is for sure, one cruise to Africa simply isn’t enough. The breadth of experiences that await discovery across this mysterious, majestic continent demands any number of journeys through its land.
Cruises to Africa
Discovering the Ancient Mediterranean • L2325Save to favourites
- Learn of the history of ancient trading routes
- You’ll see the influences of past ruling powers
- Take in an abundance of historic sites
The Intrepid Beauty of Africa & the Indian Ocean • T2330Save to favourites
- Experience a cruise adventure of a lifetime
- Seek out incredible flora and fauna and much more
- Get a feel for authentic Indian life and sail the Suez Canal too
Be the first to hear about our latest cruise deals by signing up to receive our emails.
World Cruise from Liverpool to Southampton • S240102Save to favourites
- Experience the thrill of an around the world voyage on Borealis
- Discover a mix of cultural, historical and natural wonders
- Find paradise at Pacific Islands and explore Sydney, Singapore and Mumbai.
World Cruise • S2402Save to favourites
- Experience an around the world cruise on Borealis
- Discover a mix of cultural and natural wonders
- Explore Sydney, Singapore, Mumbai and New Zealand
Discovering Cultural Morocco • L2402Save to favourites
- Discover the unique culture and history of Morocco
- See impressive mosques and explore bustling souks
- Enjoy time taking in the Moorish sites of Lisbon
Discovering the Ancient Empires of the Eastern Mediterranean • T2404Save to favourites
- Delve into the influences of ancient empires
- Explore some of the world’s great ancient sites
- Visit Athens’ Acropolis and Malta's Grand Harbour
Australia, Far East & the Mediterranean • S240506Save to favourites
- Experience an adventure packed with natural wonders and awe-inspiring landscapes; enriching cultures and remarkable history; and much more.
- See Sydney’s iconic attractions and tour to the Great Barrier Reef, and discover the contrasts of Asia, from tribalf Alotau to bustling Singapore and Mumbai.
- Visit the ‘Lost City’ of Petra, Jerusalem and Bethlehem; sail Egypt’s Suez Canal; and delight in the diversity of the UAE.
Emirates to the Med via Suez Canal • S2406Save to favourites
- Incredible destinations across Arabia, the Middle East and the Med will each captivate you in their own unique, unforgettable way.
- See the Burj Khalifa in Dubai and revel in the contrasting highlights of Oman, from mosques to beautiful fjords.
- Discover the ‘Lost City’ of Petra, Jerusalem and Bethlehem; sail Egypt’s Suez Canal; then visit sun-kissed Cypriot, Maltese and Spanish cities.
Colourful & Cosmopolitan Mediterranean with the Amalfi Coast • T2410Save to favourites
- Enjoy views of the picturesque Amalfi Coast from the decks of Bolette
- From Salerno, delve into Roman history in Cartagena and Pompeii
- Tour from Sorrento to the active volcano of Mount Vesuvius
Cultural Adriatic Discovery • S2412Save to favourites
- Explore Roman sites with an archaeologist
- Marvel at waterfalls in Croatia's Krka National Park
- Cruise the fjord-like waters of the Bay of Kotor
Exploring the Colourful Adriatic • T2423Save to favourites
- Enjoy two days in Croatia and explore Diocletian's Palace
- Cruise along the fjord-like Bay of Kotor aboard Bolette
- Visit Sicily, home to the still active volcano Mount Etna
Winter Warmth in the Canaries • T2426Save to favourites
- Visit a multitude of UNESCO natural and cultural sites
- Enjoy a rare visit to Fuerteventura
- Wander the 'garden island' of Madeira
Winter Warmth in the Canaries & Cape Verde • T2427Save to favourites
- Explore the cultural islands of the Cape Verdes
- Discover the volcanic landscapes of La Palma and Tenerife
- Learn of the world's most famous explorers in Lisbon
A Voyage of Exploration Around the World - Liverpool • T250106Save to favourites
- See the mysterious Maoi statues on Easter Island
- Learn about the inspirational life of Nelson Mandela
- See the iconic Sydney skyline as you sail into the city
Discovering Spain and North Africa • L2501Save to favourites
- Delve into thousands of years of history in Cartagena
- See impressive mosques and explore bustling souks in Tangier
- See caves used in World War II as Balmoral cruises past Gibraltar
A Voyage of Exploration Around the World • T2502Save to favourites
- Explore the untouched landscapes of Robinson Crusoe Island
- See the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Go in search of the Big Five in Africa
Discovering Asia with the Holi Festival • L2502Save to favourites
- Experience the colourful Holi Festival in Mumbai
- Visit Siem Reap, Angkor Wat and the Shwedagon Pagoda
- See endangered elephants in Sri Lanka
Discovering Spain & Morocco • S2503Save to favourites
- See the Belém Tower in Lisbon as Borealis sails past
- Bake pastéis de nata with a local pastry chef in Lisbon
- Sample tapas and learn flamenco in Cádiz
Colourful & Cosmopolitan Mediterranean with the Amalfi Coast • T2509Save to favourites
- Sail past Cape Bernat, timed to see the Ibizan sunset
- Explore the picturesque Amafi Coast
- Tour to Mount Vesuvius from Salerno