Tunisia is a vibrant country, rich in history and engrossing culture; much more than just beach holiday destination.
Upon arrival at Africa's most northerly country, you encounter a mix of vibrant cities and peaceful, unspoilt lands that beg for exploration. Beyond the famed stretches of golden sand beaches, relics such as the once mighty city-state of Carthage and an abundance of Roman ruin await. Tunis is a particular highlight, with its medieval medina (walled city), narrow streets and fascinating souks, and elegant 19th century French colonial boulevards.
As for food, you’re in for a treat. Spicy and aromatic (with plenty of couscous), Tunisian cuisine is influenced by Arabic, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and French flavours. Seafood is popular on the coast, but further inland you can sample the rustic-style stews of the Berbers.
Of course, if despite all that, your cruise to Tunisia was driven by the promise of those stunning beaches, you won’t be disappointed.
Cruises to Tunisia
Discovering the Ancient Mediterranean • L2325Save to favourites
- Learn of the history of ancient trading routes on a journey through the Med
- You’ll see the influences of past ruling powers, such as the Phoenicians, Carthaginians and Romans
- Take in an abundance of historic sites, plus get a taste of modern-day trading in bustling medinas
Discovering the Ancient Empires of the Eastern Mediterranean • T2404Save to favourites
- On a journey through the Med, delve into the influences that ancient empires and kingdoms had on the region
- Explore some of the world’s great ancient sites in, and close-by to, captivating cities
- Highlights include Athens’ Acropolis; the holy lands of Jerusalem and Bethlehem; and Egypt’s Great Pyramids of Giza