Tunisia is a vibrant country, rich in history and engrossing culture; much more than just beach holiday destination.
Upon arrival at Africa's most northerly country, you encounter a mix of vibrant cities and peaceful, unspoilt lands that beg for exploration. Beyond the famed stretches of golden sand beaches, relics such as the once mighty city-state of Carthage and an abundance of Roman ruin await. Tunis is a particular highlight, with its medieval medina (walled city), narrow streets and fascinating souks, and elegant 19th century French colonial boulevards.
As for food, you’re in for a treat. Spicy and aromatic (with plenty of couscous), Tunisian cuisine is influenced by Arabic, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and French flavours. Seafood is popular on the coast, but further inland you can sample the rustic-style stews of the Berbers.
Of course, if despite all that, your cruise to Tunisia was driven by the promise of those stunning beaches, you won’t be disappointed.
Cruises to Tunisia
Discovering the Ancient Mediterranean • L2325Save to favourites
- Learn of the history of ancient trading routes
- You’ll see the influences of past ruling powers
- Take in an abundance of historic sites
Discovering the Ancient Empires of the Eastern Mediterranean • T2404Save to favourites
- Delve into the influences of ancient empires
- Explore some of the world’s great ancient sites
- Visit Athens’ Acropolis and Malta's Grand Harbour
Be the first to hear about our latest cruise deals by signing up to receive our emails.
Cultural Adriatic Discovery • S2412Save to favourites
- Explore Roman sites with an archaeologist
- Marvel at waterfalls in Croatia's Krka National Park
- Cruise the fjord-like waters of the Bay of Kotor
Exploring the Colourful Adriatic • T2423Save to favourites
- Enjoy two days in Croatia and explore Diocletian's Palace
- Cruise along the fjord-like Bay of Kotor aboard Bolette
- Visit Sicily, home to the still active volcano Mount Etna