Egypt, the link between Africa and the Middle East, dates back to the time of the pharaohs. Millennia-old monuments sit along the imposing Nile River Valley. From the iconic Pyramids of Giza, sphinx and tombs to the Temples of Luxor, Karnak and the Valley of the Kings, the country is a must for lovers of ancient history and has a welcoming, story-loving people. [ReadMoreMob]
The rugged, desert beauty of the Red Sea coast is a joy to explore and snorkelling among the astonishing coral reefs of Sharm el Sheikh is once again a safe reality. Egypt’s landscapes are bold: watching sunrise over the stunning silhouettes of the White Desert or relaxing in the comfort of a hot spring in Siwa Oasis, deliver an endless fascination.
A cruise to Egypt is a timeless journey; the only worry is how to fit everything in. With so many wonders and sights to see, it is little wonder people return again and again.
Pyramids of Giza
The Pyramids of Giza are a spectacle not to be missed during your visit to Alexandria. The Great Pyramid of Cheops, which was once the tallest structure on Earth, is said to be constructed of over two million stone blocks, each one weighing two and a half tons.
Widely regarded as the longest river in the world, the Nile drains eleven countries and was once the sole water source of one of the greatest civilizations in history.
The last true ruler of the Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt, Cleopatra was also a naval commander and medical author. As a polyglot, she was the first Ptolemaic leader to learn Egyptian.
Cruises to Egypt
Departs: Southampton • Thu 05 Nov 2020
140 nights • Boudicca • D20GV
- A holiday beyond your wildest dreams, this 140-night voyage to some of the world’s most iconic and intoxicating destinations offers authentic cultures and traditions, amazing wildlife, spectacular scenery and much more.
- Experience an exhilarating Asian exploration, to learn of samurais and geishas in Japan; explore the war-torn history of Vietnam; sample India’s engrossing hustle and bustle; and even celebrate New Year’s Eve in stunning Singapore.
- African adventures include chances to seek-out South Africa’s ‘Big Five’ game and Madagascar’s iconic flora and fauna; explore the colossal Namib Desert; marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza; and sail the impressive Suez Canal.
From £13,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Tokyo • Thu 14 Jan 2021
70 nights • Boudicca • D210105
- Experience a stunning 70-night voyage to some of the world's most fascinating and awe-inspring destinations, offering amazing wildlife, outstanding scenery and local cultures and traditions.
- Learn of historic Japanese events which changed history, explore the hustle and bustle of Singapore, relax on the beaches of Thailand or marvel at more than one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Explore the high-speed energy of Mumbai, or venture to Elephanta Island, set in lush green vegetation - a peaceful contrast to the commotion of inner Mumbai.
From £9,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Phuket • Thu 11 Feb 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210304
- Uncover a mix of modern architectural and cultural delights, awe-inspiring holy sites and remarkable centuries-old wonders on this incredible voyage to India, Arabia and the ancient Middle East.
- See famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets, or take an overland tour to the Taj Mahal from Kochi; explore Goa’s rich European heritage; and immerse yourself in Mumbai’s legendary hustle and bustle.
- Marvel at Muscat’s magnificent Arabic architecture; seek-out some of the world’s great ancient sites in Egypt and Jordan, including Great Pyramids of Giza; and take chances to visit holy Jerusalem and Bethlehem in Israel.
From £4,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Muscat • Thu 25 Feb 2021
14 nights • Boudicca • D2104
- Step back in time among some of the world’s most remarkable ancient sites, with chances to uncover a plethora of centuries-old wonders, explore theories about events of yesteryear, and creates lasting memories.
- In Egypt, you can explore the extraordinary Valley of the Kings and marvel at the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, on tours from Safaga and Alexandria respectively, and experience a navigation of the impressive Suez Canal.
- You’ll be afforded an opportunity to see the ancient tombs, archways and temples of the ‘Lost City’ of Petra in Jordan, while hallowed sites await in Israel too, including the holy treasures of Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
From £2,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Muscat • Thu 25 Feb 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210405
- Visit incredible destinations in the ancient Middle East and the Mediterranean, for unmissable opportunities to step back in time amongst centuries-old wonders and revel in the architectural, cultural and scenic delights of these captivating regions.
- Seek-out some of the world’s greatest ancient sites, including the Pyramids of Giza and ‘Lost City’ of Petra, in Egypt and Jordan; and explore the holy lands of Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod and Haifa in Israel.
- Delve into the legendary ancient history of Greece in Crete and Athens, with its famous temples and ruins; sail into Valletta’s magical Grand Harbour; and uncover the attractions of three stunning Spanish cities.
From £3,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Mon 18 Oct 2021
152 nights • Boudicca • D21GV
- This around the world voyage is an unforgettable discovery of spectacular islands, iconic cities, famous historical, cultural and spiritual sites, amazing wildlife and more.
- Taste Cuban life in Havana; indulge in the paradise of South Pacific Islands; learn of New Zealand’s Maori culture; and see Sydney’s icons, meet Koalas and celebrate New Year’s in Hobart.
- Encounter Bornean orangutans; delve into Vietnamese war history; explore Singapore and bustling Mumbai; seek-out Egyptian wonders; and even walk hallowed ground in Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
From £14,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Benoa • Tue 18 Jan 2022
45 nights • Boudicca • D220103
- Experience an insight into Asia’s diversity at Far-Eastern and Indian destinations, and uncover some of the world’s greatest historic and holy sites in the Middle East.
- You could encounter Bornean orangutans; explore Vietnamese war history; see Asia at its most modern in Singapore; and immerse yourself in bustling Mumbai.
- After visiting spiritual Porbandar, you have chances to discover Egypt’s Valley of the Kings and Great Pyramids; explore the ‘lost city’ of Petra; and walk hallowed ground in Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
From £6,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Phuket • Wed 02 Feb 2022
30 nights • Boudicca • D220203
- Unravel centuries of fascinating history and spirituality, and discover an abundance of iconic sites and authentic experiences, at inspirational Indian and ancient Middle Eastern destinations.
- See famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets, and sample traditional flavours in Kochi; explore Goa’s rich European heritage; and immerse yourself in Mumbai’s legendary hustle and bustle.
- Seek-out some of the world’s great ancient sites in Egypt and Jordan, including the Great Pyramids of Giza; and take chances to visit holy Jerusalem and Bethlehem in Israel.
From £4,449ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Fujairah • Thu 17 Feb 2022
15 nights • Boudicca • D2203
- Immerse yourself in centuries of extraordinary history, as you uncover some of the world’s greatest historic and holy sites.
- In Egypt, you can explore the extraordinary Valley of the Kings and marvel at the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, on tours from Safaga and Alexandria respectively, and experience a navigation of the Suez Canal.
- You’ll be afforded an opportunity to see the ancient tombs, archways and temples of Petra’s ‘Lost City’ in Jordan, while in Israel hallowed Jerusalem and Bethlehem await.
From £2,699ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Fujairah • Thu 17 Feb 2022
31 nights • Boudicca • D220304
- Cruising through the Middle East and sun-soaked Mediterranean on board Boudicca, you’ll seek out magnificent ancient wonders, fascinating holy sites and authentic experiences.
- Tour to some of the world’s great ancient sites in Egypt and Jordan, including the Great Pyramids of Giza; and take chances to visit holy Jerusalem and Bethlehem in Israel.
- Enjoy less-crowded explorations of Athens and Istanbul; discover the ruins of Ephesus from Kuşadası; see Valletta’s iconic Grand Harbour; and enjoy a taste of Morocco in Tangier.
From £3,899ppFares Explained | What's Included