Just the word Morocco conjures up images of bustling souks, sand dunes and mystery. Immortalised by Hollywood, Casablanca is a mixture of Arabic tradition and western modernity, but you can still enjoy a tipple at Rick’s café. It’s also the perfect base from which to visit Marrakech with its intoxicating souks and winding alleyways. Morocco’s cities are incredibly varied. Melilla offers a hint of Spanish Morocco, Tangier gives a glimpse of ancient life, whilst Agadir offers stunning beaches. [ReadMoreMob]
One of the greatest draws to this country are the souks. Bursting with colours and smells they provide a unique and fascinating shopping experience quite unlike anything you’ll experience at home.
Can you picture yourself on a rooftop terrace, enjoying a glass of mint tea watching the hustle and bustle below? If you can, you need to book your cruise holiday to Morocco and enjoy one of the most memorable visits you’ve had in a long time.
Known as the ‘Red City’ thanks to the blush-coloured walls that surround it, Marrakech is a true kaleidoscope of colour, influenced by dozens of cultures throughout history. Constructed in the 12th century, the bricks are made from tabia, which is a mixture of red mud and water from the Hazou plains. However, anyone who has been to the city will know that its nickname doesn’t do it justice.
Casablanca is well known for its beautiful art deco architecture. Built in 1934, Villa Des Arts is one of Casablanca’s leading works of art deco architecture. Hassan II Mosque, Hotel Guynemer, Wilaya (Prefecture) and The Palais de Justice are other notable buildings and monuments.
Cruises to Morocco
Departs: Liverpool • Tue 02 Nov 2021
14 nights • Borealis • S2125
- Experience an inspirational, immersive and authentic taste of Moroccan culture, discovering everything from magnificent mosques to iconic, medinas, souks and kasbahs.
- A two-day stay in Casablanca affords ample time to uncover the city’s iconic sites, such as the majestic Hassan II Mosque; and even tour to magical Marrakech to explore its famous Medina.
- At Agadir, chances to sample traditional mint tea and learn about the origins of argan oil are not to be missed, while Tangier will delight with its soaring minarets and animated markets.
From £1,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Sun 07 Nov 2021
13 nights • Bolette • T2127
- Immerse yourself in the rich history of the Med, as you journey through the region visiting destinations famed for their ancient fortifications and landmarks
- Beautiful Malta is at the heart of this historic itinerary; visit Valletta to take in iconic sights such as St John’s Cathedral and the Grand Harbour, or tour to medieval Mdina.
- Ancient treasures await you in the Spanish city of Cartagena, with its magnificent medieval and Roman monuments, and Tangier, a Moroccan gem of minarets, Kasbahs and souks.
From £1,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Sat 20 Nov 2021
16 nights • Bolette • T2128
- Enjoy an adventurous, enriching and immersive experience, as destinations in Cape Verde and Morocco provide chances to embrace authentic cultures, fascinating history and the local way of life.
- Sample the lifestyle of Cape Verdeans in Praia, Mindelo and Porto Novo, with time to browse busy markets, learn of the native music, sample local produce and revel in the archipelago’s beauty.
- Behold the buzz of day-to-day Moroccan life amongst the souks, streets and squares of Agadir, Tangier and Casablanca, and seek-out iconic, world-famous landmarks too.
From £1,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Tue 04 Jan 2022
79 nights • Bolette • T2201
- Immerse yourself in an intoxicating blend of history, culture and beauty as you discover iconic destinations and unforgettable highlights on an epic, in-depth exploration of Latin America.
- You can have a private mass at Rio’s legendary Christ the Redeemer; dance the tango in Buenos Aires; tour to magnificent Machu Picchu; and much more.
- Scenic cruising by Cape Horn; through the Chilean Fjords spectacular mountains and glaciers; and navigating the Panama Canal will create everlasting memories.
From £8,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Buenos Aires • Sat 29 Jan 2022
54 nights • Bolette • T220304
- With scenic cruising of incredible waterways and visits to stunning South and Central American destinations, you’re in for an expedition packed with highlights.
- Marvel at the spectacular scenes of Patagonia, the Andes and Chilean Fjords; take the chance to visit ancient Machu Picchu in Peru; and cruise the remarkable Panama Canal.
- Explore historic Costa Rican and Colombian cities; enjoy a taste of authentic Cuban life in Havana; uncover Cozumel’s Mayan ruins; and sample paradise in the Bahamas and Bermuda.
From £7,249ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Callao • Tue 22 Feb 2022
30 nights • Bolette • T2204
- Sailing from Peru back to the UK via captivating cities and beautiful islands in the Americas, you’re in for a holiday of lifetime discovering cultural, historic and scenic wonders galore.
- Begin with a memorable sailing of the magnificent Panama Canal, before Puerto Limón and Cartagena de Indias add Hispanic flair to the mix.
- Seek out Cozumel’s Mayan ruins and fauna-rich coral reefs; uncover the ancient sites of Belize City; and immerse yourself in the peace and paradise of the glorious Caribbean.
From £3,999ppFares Explained | What's Included