Located on the Bay of Kotor, a natural fjord near the coast of the Adriatic Sea, the city of Kotor is the oldest town in Montenegro, with roots embedded deep in the ancient world. Together with the nearly overhanging limestone cliffs of Orjen and Lovćen, which the city nestled between, Kotor is situated amongst one of the Mediterranean's most impressive landscapes.
Characterized by cobbled winding streets and squares, this well-preserved medieval old town has earned Kotor’s listing as a UNESCO World Natural and Historical Heritage Site. The ancient architecture includes several Romanesque churches, such as Kotor Cathedral, and the town is a maze of museums, cafe-strewn plazas and Venetian palaces. It's also home to the Maritime Museum, which explores the local seafaring history.
Cruises to Kotor
Discovering The Balkans • T2213
- Be immersed in centuries of fascinating Balkan history
- Take a journey through the eras that shaped the region
- See monuments and ruins from the Ottomans, Romans and more
Exploring Iconic Sites of Croatia & Italy • M2230
- Discover the history & culture of Italy & Croatia
- Explore quaint towns only accessible to smaller ships
- Admire the Bay of Kotor’s fjord-like surroundings