Lying between the Italian and Balkan peninsulas, the Adriatic boasts some of the most beautiful coastlines in the world, filled with idyllic beaches, charming villages, historic towns and fantastic hospitality. [ReadMoreMob]
The Adriatic has been of huge importance in the historical development of Europe, and there is striking contrast between its shores. From Italy to Slovenia the coast is relatively straight and continuous, whereas the coast from Croatia to Montenegro is a sea of intricate islands and inlets. Along its length, the Adriatic’s intense greens of its looming mountains and the sparkling deep blues of its reflective waters make it a dazzling region to visit.
From the beautifully ornamented gothic palaces and marble streets of Split through to the spectacular beaches and lagoons of Hvar, the 'Queen of the Croatian Dalmatian Islands', a voyage through the Adriatic strikes the perfect balance between relaxation and culture. [ReadMoreDesk]
Dubrovnik, Croatia’s most popular destination and gateway to the southernmost islands of the Croatian Adriatic, as well as the famed romantic city of Venice, with its iconic canals and waterways, are must-visit destinations. For lovers of history and nature, the ancient city of Kotor awaits with its ancient buildings and unique ecology.
A cruise across the Adriatic is an extraordinary experience. With every destination there is a new port of call to discover, a hidden cove with crystal blue waters to dive into, a snapshot of ancient history that will amaze and a rich, cultural diversity that inspires every visitor.
Interested in booking one of our cruises? Why not have a look at our latest Feefo trusted reviews for this destination and see what other guests have said about their experience.
Cruises to Adriatic
Departs: Dover • Sun 26 Apr 2020
22 nights • Boudicca • D2010
- An intoxicating blend of spectacular natural beauty, remarkable history and authentic cultural experiences is sure to sweep you off your feet on this unparalleled Italian exploration.
- Visit Naples and Civitavecchia, gateway to iconic sites such as Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius, the Colosseum; and have a chance to take in the Tuscan treasures of Pisa or Florence on tour from Livorno.
- In among time ashore in sun-drizzled Sorrento and Amalfi, you’ll witness the Amalfi Coast’s spectacular scenery first-hand; while Portofino and Genoa showcase the delights of the Italian Riviera.
From £2,199ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 16 Apr 2021
25 nights • Braemar • M2109
- An outstanding voyage specially crafted to show you some of Greece’s most unique and authentic sights and experiences, this cruise is packed with the diverse highlights of an array of stunning destinations.
- The archaeological wonders of ancient towns, cultural and historical gems, beautiful beaches, postcard-perfect scenery and much more – your smaller-sized ship will bring you closer to it all with visits to gorgeous islands such as Crete, Rhodes and Kefallonia.
- The pièce de résistance is a simply unforgettable scenic cruise of the narrow Corinth Canal aboard Braemar, the longest ship to pass between this incredible waterway’s imposing, carefully carved cliffs.
From £4,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 23 Sep 2022
25 nights • Braemar • M22CC
- Make unforgettable memories on a seemingly impossible navigation through the narrowing cliffs of Greece’s remarkable Corinth Canal, made possible thanks to record-breaking Braemar’s smaller size.
- Uncover the captivating sights and sites of Greek islands, including the ancient wonders, beautiful beaches and palm-lined promenades of Crete, Rhodes, sleepy Syros and Kefallonia too.
- Immerse yourself in the Mediterranean magic of stunning islands and cities in Spain, Italy, Malta and Portugal, and revel in the spectacular sight of the mighty Stromboli Volcano.
From £4,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Tue 04 May 2021
18 nights • Black Watch • W2109
- Sail into the Mediterranean in the spring and succumb to the scenic, historical and cultural charms of sun-bathed Spanish, Italian and French destinations on this enchanting island-hopping adventure.
- Uncover Menorcan highlights such as impressive Monte Toro and glorious beaches; and take advantage of time in Mallorca to explore charming Palma, or take a scenic train ride to beautiful Sóller.
- Marvel at the dramatic Prunelli Gorges on the fabulous French Island of Corsica; enjoy the scenery, wines and traditions of Sardinia, Italy; and revel in the rich history of Valletta, Malta’s ancient capital.
From £2,499ppFares Explained | What's Included