Cruising Corinth Canal
Dreamt up by the ruler of the Ancient Corinth, started by Roman emperor Nero, and finally completed by the French, the Corinth Canal was a project that spanned many centuries. Slicing through solid rock, the canal separates the Greek mainland from the Peloponnese and serves as a vital shipping link between the Gulf of Corinth and the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. [ReadMoreMob]
As impressive as it is important, the Corinth Canal has to be seen – or transited if you are lucky enough – to fully appreciate the engineering involved here, the narrowness of the canal – it shrinks down to less than just 25 metres wide at the very bottom – and the sheer scale of the carefully carved cliffs that flank the waterway. [ReadMoreDesk]
Sailing through the Corinth Canal is a very special experience, especially on board Fred. Olsen’s smaller-sized ships. Many of today’s vessels are too large to negotiate the Canal, however with Fred. Olsen you can experience the thrill of gliding between the towering cliffs, with rock-faces passing by so close that you can almost touch them.
Cruises to Cruising Corinth Canal
Departs: Southampton • Fri 16 Apr 2021
25 nights • Braemar • M2109
- An outstanding voyage specially crafted to show you some of Greece’s most unique and authentic sights and experiences, this cruise is packed with the diverse highlights of an array of stunning destinations.
- The archaeological wonders of ancient towns, cultural and historical gems, beautiful beaches, postcard-perfect scenery and much more – your smaller-sized ship will bring you closer to it all with visits to gorgeous islands such as Crete, Rhodes and Kefallonia.
- The pièce de résistance is a simply unforgettable scenic cruise of the narrow Corinth Canal aboard Braemar, the longest ship to pass between this incredible waterway’s imposing, carefully carved cliffs.
From £4,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 23 Sep 2022
25 nights • Braemar • M22CC
- Make unforgettable memories on a seemingly impossible navigation through the narrowing cliffs of Greece’s remarkable Corinth Canal, made possible thanks to record-breaking Braemar’s smaller size.
- Uncover the captivating sights and sites of Greek islands, including the ancient wonders, beautiful beaches and palm-lined promenades of Crete, Rhodes, sleepy Syros and Kefallonia too.
- Immerse yourself in the Mediterranean magic of stunning islands and cities in Spain, Italy, Malta and Portugal, and revel in the spectacular sight of the mighty Stromboli Volcano.
From £4,399ppFares Explained | What's Included