Do I need a Child Travel Consent Form?

If you plan to travel with a child under 16 and you are not their parent or legal guardian – or, if you and the child have different surnames you will need to complete a Travel Consent Form.

At check-in you will be asked to provide the team with the signed Travel Consent Form along with a copy of the parents or legal guardian’s passport or photo Driving Licence.

If you are the child’s legal parent or guardian and your surname is different to the child, we kindly ask you to produce proof of guardianship.

Please note, the check-in team at the port will not allow embarkation in the event that the relevant documentation is not supplied.

Full details of regulations that apply at the UK border are available on the UK Government website:

Did this answer your question?

Yes No

Please help us understand how this page could be more helpful:


Thank you for your feedback