Britain’s little piece of the Mediterranean, Gibraltar, is much more than just ‘The Rock’. This microcosm of the UK, with better weather, is home to red pillar-boxes, fish and chip shops, helmeted policemen and afternoon tea. [ReadMoreMob]
The eponymous rock rises 426m from the sea and is riddled with caves and tunnels. Covered in unique vegetation, it is also home to numerous species of birds, not to mention the infamous Barbary Apes. The towering sentinel also has a cable-car to its peak for grandstand views over its Spanish and African neighbours.
Gibraltar also offers the opportunity for a spot of whale watching, bird watching, hiking, fishing and water sports. But, for something a bit more relaxing, there are fine cafés from which to watch the world go by, or one of Gibraltar’s divine beaches.
Cruises to Gibraltar
Departs: Southampton • Sun 28 Jun 2020
12 nights • Braemar • M2016
- Taking you closer to three stunning cities, this thrilling adventure showcases the best of Andalusia, an absorbing region of spectacular scenery, traditional cuisine, incredible architecture and authentic cultures.
- Docking overnight in the heart of Seville affords time to get under the skin of the Andalusian capital: seek-out significant historical and architectural wonders; and even catch a sultry flamenco show.
- You can also savour Malaga’s aesthetic and cultural treasures, such as the Alcazaba Fortress and the Picasso Museum; and explore Cádiz, with its fascinating ancient sites and renowned tapas bars.
From £1,649ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Tue 01 Sep 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D2023
- Visiting five stunning cities in five different countries, you have a chance to delve deep into the remarkable ancient history, authentic flavours and breathtaking beauty of the Black Sea.
- Step back to the days of Ottoman rule in Istanbul, home to famous landmarks such as Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque; and take the chance to visit wine valleys and tea plantations in Russia and Georgia.
- You can explore Odessa’s labyrinth-like Catacombs, and the Danube Delta – on boat tour from Constanta – too. What’s more, Boudicca will also help you to experience the best of the beautiful Mediterranean.
From £4,499ppFares Explained | What's Included