The safety of our guests is our highest priority and a security check, in line with the Department for Transport’s regulations, will be carried out.
At check-in you will receive a ship’s pass that acts as both your security pass and on board account card for the duration of the cruise. Each time you embark or disembark your card is swiped to record whether you are on board the vessel or ashore. In addition, your hand luggage may be subject to either x-ray scanning or a manual search each time you re-join the ship.
The Merchant Shipping Act prohibits the carrying of certain items on board ship. These include:
- All firearms and ammunition, sporting weapons, replica firearms, and explosives of any kind.
- Knives and other sharp bladed items (including pen knives).
- Flammable substances (petrol, methylated spirit, paint thinners etc).
- Items containing incapacitating substances that could be used to maim or disable, e.g. aerosol cans (unless they form part of a hairdressing kit).
- Any other item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon.
Security for fly-cruises is also extremely tight, so we would recommend you check with your airline regarding their list of prohibited items on board the aircraft.
We regret that, owing to strict security measures, no visitors are allowed on board either in the UK or abroad.
To ensure the comfort and safety of all our guests, we reserve the right to disembark anyone failing to comply with our on board policies.