Search frequently asked questions
What's the difference between Freedom and Anchor fares?
Freedom Fares are designed so that our guests can benefit from the best choice of rooms and relax knowing their holiday is planned out. They offer the best choice, benefits and flexibility, including being able to choose your room number.
Included with Freedom Fares:
- Your choice of restaurant is confirmed at time of booking*
- Your choice of dining time is confirmed at time of booking*
- Your table size at dinner can be requested (but not guaranteed)
- Room grade can be chosen at time of booking
- Room number can be chosen at time of booking
- 15% deposit on bookings before 90 days of departure
- Standard cancellation fee
- Oceans Discount - as applicable, based on membership level**
- Booking transferable to another cruise (once only per booking)
- Priority booking for pre-booked Shore Tours*
- Oceans benefits on board*
- Priority for room upgrades (complimentary or charged, when available)*
- Free shuttle bus to local centre (where operating)
- Priority embarkation in UK departure ports
- Priority debarkation at end of cruise (available on request, but not guaranteed)
* Subject to availability
** Subject to Oceans Club terms and conditions
Anchor Fares have been designed to offer our guests a simplified pricing structure and clear update on the latest promotional prices available from Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines.
As Anchor Fares offer guests specially reduced prices, the following terms and conditions are applicable:
- Full payment is required at the time of booking
- 100% cancellation charges apply
- no refunds are permitted
- Non-transferrable to any other cruise once booked
- No room number and / or room grade is provided at the time of booking (room number will be advised on the cruise ticket)
- Oceans Cruise Club discounts are not combinable with Anchor Fares. Oceans points will be earned however.
- Dining sitting will be allocated at our discretion and will be advised within the cruise ticket. Anchor Fare guests can choose to book a specific dining sitting at the time of booking for a supplement of £2.00 per person per night.
- Table sizes cannot be requested when booking on an anchor fare.
Room upgrades are subject to availability and may be complimentary or payable. Free shuttle bus is to the local centre and is not offered where the local centre is within walking distance.
The table below gives a list of all that's included with Freedom Fares and Anchor Fares, so you can make the right cruise choice for you.
|BENEFITS BY FARE TYPE||FREEDOM FARES||ANCHOR FARES|
|Restaurant - confirmed at time of booking*||Yes||No|
|Dining time - confirmed at time of booking*||Yes||No - £2 per person, per night charge to choose dining time|
|Dining choice - table size may be requested (not guaranteed)||Yes||No|
|Room grade - chosen at time of booking||Yes||No**|
|Room number - chosen at time of booking||Yes||No|
|Deposit (bookings before 90 days of departure)||15%||100%|
|Standard cancellation fee||Standard||100%|
|Oceans Discount - as applicable, based on membership level♦||Yes||No|
|Booking transferable to another cruise (once only per booking) ♥||Yes||No|
|Oceans benefits on board♦||Yes||No|
|Priority for room upgrades (complimentary or charged, when available)☻||Yes||No|
|Priority booking for pre-booked Shore Tours♥||Yes||No|
|Free Fred. Olsen shuttle bus to local centre (where operating)►||Yes||No|
|Priority embarkation in UK departure ports||Yes||No|
|Priority debarkation at end of cruise (available on request, not guaranteed)||Yes||No|
* Subject to availability
** Grade can be chosen on selected cruises, please ask at time of booking
♦ Subject to Oceans Club terms and conditions
♥ Subject to availability, terms and conditions apply
☻ Room upgrades are subject to availability and may be complimentary or payable
► Free shuttle bus is to the local centre and is not offered where the local centre is within walking distance. Excludes shuttle buses charged for by the port.
Thank you for your feedback