Santa Cruz de Tenerife Cruises
Sophisticated Santa Cruz - Tenerife's capital - is built around boulevards and wide avenues that link elegant squares and parks.
Well-preserved buildings feature in the old town, including the colonial Church of the Immaculate Conception and the 18th century Palacio de Carta, which has impressive Baroque and neoclassical features.[ReadMoreMob] Recently redesigned by the architects Herzog & de Meuron, the city’s largest square, Plaza de España, is a pleasant spot to lose a few hours. Lively beaches such as Playa de Las Americas are within easy reach of Santa Cruz too.
Away from the capital, many of Tenerife's highlights await on tours, including the exotic Botanical Gardens or the mystical lava stone Pyramids of Guimar. Exploring the volcanic El Teide National Park to marvel at majestic Mount Teide, or even climb Spain's highest peak, is an unmissable experience.
Standing over 3,700 metres tall within Teide National Park, Mount Teide dominates the landscape of Tenerife and is the highest mountain in Spain. A cable car ride to the summit affords unprecedented views over this geological treasure and beyond.
Pyramids of Güímar
These six terraced structures made of lava stone are believed to date back to the 19th century AD. So much mystery surrounds the pyramids in terms of their origin, but according to researchers, they are aligned astronomically with the winter and summer solstices.
Historic banana trade
Tenerife is the largest banana exporter in the Canaries. At the plantations, you’ll be in touch with Fred. Olsen history. The family were involved in the fruit trade between the UK and the Canaries, and in naming ‘Canary Wharf’, the quay where the ships landed.
Cruises to Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Canaries Christmas & Funchal Fireworks • L2131
- Sail to and visit stunning Atlantic Ocean islands
- Celebrate Christmas at sea with fun and delicious food
- With time to explore Madeira’s gorgeous gardens & trails too
Canaries & Madeira Winter Warmth • L2201
- Enjoy the soothing warmth of the Canaries & Madeira
- Uncover tropical gardens and lush landscapes
- Four days of engrossing Canary Island discovery
Islands of Cape Verde, Madeira & the Canaries • L2202
- Experience the spectacular beauty of glorious islands
- Enjoy an authentic taste of Cape Verde
- Discover volcanic landscapes and natural wonders
Escape to the Canaries • T2125
- Relax on the beaches of the Canaries
- Enjoy time in Lanzarote to seek-out volcanic wonders
- Explore verdant Madeira
Winter Warmth of the Canaries • L2136
- An incredible journey of Canarian discovery
- Volcanic landscapes, enchanting forests and much more awaits
- Explore famous botanical gardens in Madeira
Landscapes of the Canary Islands • T2129
- A pre-Christmas getaway packed with the sun
- A chance to see ‘shooting stars’ of the Geminid Meteor Shower
- You could also see Mount Teide in Tenerife
Canaries Christmas & New Year • S2129
- Escape to the sun for a magical festive season
- Enjoy a feast of fun on board Borealis
- Visit Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, La Palma and La Gomera
Latin America with the Chilean Fjords • T2201
- Discover iconic destinations & unforgettable highlights
- Dance the tango in Buenos Aires and much more.
- Scenic cruising by Cape Horn
Canaries & Portugal with Funchal Flower Parade • L2211
- Witness a fusion of floral colour on this springtime cruise
- Explore Madeira’s lush landscapes and tropical gardens
- Delight in the maritime history of La Coruña and Lisbon
Canary Islands Winter Escape • S2128
- Prepare for the festive period on a pre-Christmas getaway
- Witness the ‘shooting stars’ of the Geminid Meteor Shower
- Explore the volcanic landscapes of La Gomera