San Sebastian Cruises
San Sebastian is the beautiful capital of La Gomera, one of the smaller, lesser-known islands in the Canaries. A lively, vibrant city, San Sebastian offers much to enjoy including pristine beaches, perfectly-preserved historic buildings and natural parks of jaw-dropping beauty.
Also known as 'Isla Colombina' because of its historic links to Christopher Columbus – the great explorer called at La Gomera on his way to America.[ReadMoreMob] Many of San Sebastian’s buildings and monuments are linked to him, including the Casa de la Agunada and the Casa de Colon where, according to legend, Columbus stayed during his time on the island.
The 15th century Torre del Conde military tower and Ermita de San Sebastian Church, which dates back to the 16th century, are easily accessible highlights. The Church of the Assumption has a mural depicting an 18th-century battle, while La Gomera Archaeological Museum traces the local culture through artefacts and scale models. [ReadMore]
The city’s beaches are typically Canarian and benefit from a fantastic warm climate almost all-year round, soft sands and crystal clear waters. Playa de La Cueva – often referred to as La Gomera’s best beach, is a great place to relax.
Northwest of the city lies the Parque Natural de Majona, a beautiful natural park smothered with rolling valleys, stunning flora and dry Fayal-Heath, creates an incredible landscape that's a joy to explore.
Links to Fred. Olsen
The Fred. Olsen Group has historical links to the Canary Islands, having had operations here since 1904. In Gomera, you will find a road named Paseo Fred Olsen, a ferry service, and a family-owned hotel - Hotel Jardin Tecina.
While much of La Gomera is rocky and mountainous, the island is also home to lush valleys, palm trees, banana plantations, black sand beaches, forests and even a tropical
jungle in the Garajonay National Park. La Gomera has been declared a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
Columbus and his crews used this island as a port of call on their voyages both to India and to Central and South America.
Cruises to San Sebastian
Escape to the Canaries • T2125
- Relax on the beaches of the Canaries
- Enjoy time in Lanzarote to seek-out volcanic wonders
- Explore verdant Madeira
Discovering The Canary Islands • T2128
- Escape to the Canaries for early winter warmth
- Relax on the sands of gorgeous beaches
- Discover volcanic landscapes and natural wonders
Landscapes of the Canary Islands • T2129
- A pre-Christmas getaway packed with the sun
- A chance to see ‘shooting stars’ of the Geminid Meteor Shower
- You could also see Mount Teide in Tenerife
Canary Islands Winter Escape • S2128
- Prepare for the festive period on a pre-Christmas getaway
- Witness the ‘shooting stars’ of the Geminid Meteor Shower
- Explore the volcanic landscapes of La Gomera
Canaries Christmas & New Year • S2129
- Escape to the sun for a magical festive season
- Enjoy a feast of fun on board Borealis
- Visit Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, La Palma and La Gomera
Canaries Christmas & Funchal Fireworks • L2131
- Sail to and visit stunning Atlantic Ocean islands
- Celebrate Christmas at sea with fun and delicious food
- With time to explore Madeira’s gorgeous gardens & trails too
Winter Escape to the Canaries • T2231
- Relax on the sandy beaches in Tenerife
- Visit the sand dunes in Gran Canaria
- Sample Madeira win in Funchal
Christmas Celebrations in the Canaries • S2233
- Experience Christmas festivities on board
- View the spectacular New Year’s Eve fireworks in Funchal
- Unwind on sandy beaches in the Canaries
Winter Warmth in the Canaries • S2302
- Relax on sandy beaches in Tenerife
- Explore the volcanic landscapes on Lanzarote
- Visit the Maspalomas sand dunes in Gran Canaria