The Egyptian town of Safaga on the Red Sea offers crystal-clear waters and black-sand beaches that are popular with divers, windsurfers and sun worshippers. For a glimpse into Egypt’s ancient past, the majestic temples of Luxor and Karnak, and the historic Valley of the Kings, are in easy reach.
Safaga’s clear serene waters hypnotise with its multitude of tuna, sharks and manta rays often seen around the towering reefs of Abu Qifan. The sea here is very saline, rich in minerals and is said to have curative properties.
Safaga is the popular gateway for exploration of the Eastern Desert and the granite quarries of Mons Claudianus. The network of tombs at the captivating Valley of the Kings, and all the mystique of the Pharaohs, await on tours from this sultry port.
Cruises to Safaga
Departs: Southampton • Thu 05 Nov 2020
140 nights • Boudicca • D20GV
- A holiday beyond your wildest dreams, this 140-night voyage to some of the world’s most iconic and intoxicating destinations offers authentic cultures and traditions, amazing wildlife, spectacular scenery and much more.
- Experience an exhilarating Asian exploration, to learn of samurais and geishas in Japan; explore the war-torn history of Vietnam; sample India’s engrossing hustle and bustle; and even celebrate New Year’s Eve in stunning Singapore.
- African adventures include chances to seek-out South Africa’s ‘Big Five’ game and Madagascar’s iconic flora and fauna; explore the colossal Namib Desert; marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza; and sail the impressive Suez Canal.
From £13,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Phuket • Thu 11 Feb 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210304
- Uncover a mix of modern architectural and cultural delights, awe-inspiring holy sites and remarkable centuries-old wonders on this incredible voyage to India, Arabia and the ancient Middle East.
- See famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets, or take an overland tour to the Taj Mahal from Kochi; explore Goa’s rich European heritage; and immerse yourself in Mumbai’s legendary hustle and bustle.
- Marvel at Muscat’s magnificent Arabic architecture; seek-out some of the world’s great ancient sites in Egypt and Jordan, including Great Pyramids of Giza; and take chances to visit holy Jerusalem and Bethlehem in Israel.
From £4,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Muscat • Thu 25 Feb 2021
14 nights • Boudicca • D2104
- Step back in time among some of the world’s most remarkable ancient sites, with chances to uncover a plethora of centuries-old wonders, explore theories about events of yesteryear, and creates lasting memories.
- In Egypt, you can explore the extraordinary Valley of the Kings and marvel at the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, on tours from Safaga and Alexandria respectively, and experience a navigation of the impressive Suez Canal.
- You’ll be afforded an opportunity to see the ancient tombs, archways and temples of the ‘Lost City’ of Petra in Jordan, while hallowed sites await in Israel too, including the holy treasures of Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
From £2,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Muscat • Thu 25 Feb 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210405
- Visit incredible destinations in the ancient Middle East and the Mediterranean, for unmissable opportunities to step back in time amongst centuries-old wonders and revel in the architectural, cultural and scenic delights of these captivating regions.
- Seek-out some of the world’s greatest ancient sites, including the Pyramids of Giza and ‘Lost City’ of Petra, in Egypt and Jordan; and explore the holy lands of Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod and Haifa in Israel.
- Delve into the legendary ancient history of Greece in Crete and Athens, with its famous temples and ruins; sail into Valletta’s magical Grand Harbour; and uncover the attractions of three stunning Spanish cities.
From £3,499ppFares Explained | What's Included