Praia da Vitoria Cruises
Pretty Praia da Vitoria, the former capital of the Azores, is a town steeped in history. Originally heavily fortified, Praia has a fascinating historic quarter, and a stunning natural harbour that’s overlooked by the impressive 16th century Fort of Santa Catarina.
Translated as the Beach of the Victory, Praia da Vitoria is a popular destination thanks to a bustling, modern harbour, vibrant town centre and gorgeous sandy beaches.The pick of which is the uncrowded Praia Grande, which is a safe, dark sand beach with barely any waves.[ReadMoreMob]
Praia’s centre has a pleasant pedestrian zone with many attractive shops and some notable historic buildings that deserve a glance. The most notable monuments include the imposing bell towers of 15th century Igreja Matriz de Santa Cruz and the stunning Town Hall in the main square.
Angra do Heroísmo
The historic city of Angra do Heroísmo is the former capital of the Azores and is a must-see for anyone visiting. Dating from the 15th century, it was an important port for Portuguese and Spanish merchants due to its sheltered harbour. Located in the city is the 16th century Sé Cathedral.
Monte Brasil is a now-extinct volcano which emerged from the sea following an early underwater eruption to join the city of Angra do Heroísmo, the former capital city of the Azores. Monte Brasil sits 205 metres above sea level, and offers stunning views from the top over Angra do Heroísmo.
Cruises to Praia da Vitoria
Departs: Liverpool, United Kingdom • Sat 12 Sep 2020
13 nights • Black Watch • W2026
Unfortunately, this cruise will not be going ahead as planned. Please click here to find out more >
Sorry, this cruise has been cancelled.
Departs: Dover • Thu 25 Mar 2021
14 nights • Boudicca • D2106
- Experience the seemingly endless rewards of the hard-to-reach Azores, as Boudicca takes you on an unforgettable journey to three of this remote archipelago’s most beautiful and diverse islands.
- Astonishing wonderlands of emerald-green landscapes, mighty volcanos and vast craters, out-of-this world lakes and thermal pools, and picturesque cities await, on the islands of Terceira, Faial and São Miguel.
- The highlights aren’t restricted to the Azores though: there’s also opportunities to stimulate your senses with Madeira’s stunning scenery, fragrance and flavours; and explore UNESCO-listed Oporto.
From £1,699ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Sat 31 Jul 2021
14 nights • Boudicca • D2120
- Three remote islands in the hard-to-reach Azores are yours to explore to discover inspirational experiences and sights galore on this exhilarating, simply unforgettable cruise adventure.
- Amongst glorious, verdant volcanic lands, you can see mighty Mount Pic; marvel at the mesmerising blue and bright-green crater lakes of the Sete Cidades Volcano; and much more.
- As well as incredible island discovery, visits to captivating Spanish and Portuguese cities provide a wealth of historical, architectural and cultural highlights to uncover.
From £1,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Mon 18 Oct 2021
15 nights • Black Watch • W2125
- Immerse yourself in the remarkable beauty and diversity of the spellbinding Azores, as small ship Black Watch guides you on an incredible exploration of the region.
- Volcanic wonderlands await you on the islands of Terceira, Faial and São Miguel; discover towering mountain peaks, vast craters and lakes, verdant emerald green valleys and much more.
- There’s also a special visit to Portugal’s capital, to experience a memorable day of celebration and festivity at the ‘Four Ladies in Lisbon’ event.
From £1,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Tue 19 Apr 2022
17 nights • Black Watch • W2210
- With the help of ORCA, look out for various species of whale living freely in the deep blue Atlantic waters surrounding the contrasting islands of Iceland and the Azores.
- Revel in the astonishing beauty of Azorean volcanos, crater lakes and vibrant valleys, and the drama of awe-inspiring Icelandic scenery boasting soaring mountains, sheer cliffs and stunning waterways.
- Delve into rich history and culture, with time ashore to explore fascinating historic quarters, traditional fishing ports and an exciting, cosmopolitan capital city.
From £2,599ppFares Explained | What's Included