Crossing the Arctic Circle
Crossing the Arctic Circle takes you into the lands of prolonged days and midnight sun. It is visible on a map - north of which the sun can be seen above the horizon even at midnight during the summer months. However, during the winter the sun stays below the horizon for most of the day. During the cold winter months, light is provided by the moon and stars in addition to the elusive but spell-binding Northern Lights.
Cruises to Crossing the Arctic Circle
Departs: Newcastle • Fri 20 Aug 2021
9 nights • Balmoral • L2126
- From both on board Balmoral and during memorable explorations ashore, you’ll uncover astonishing sights and experiences amongst the rarely sailed fjords of Northern Norway.
- Feel as if you can touch the mountainsides of astonishing Trollfjord; see the awe-inspiring scenery of Meløy’s Nordfjord; marvel at the mighty Black Glacier; and much more.
- You can immerse yourself in the rugged beauty of the Lofoten Islands and Bodo; take in Tromsø’s many must-visit attractions; and ride the spectacular Rauma Railway from Åndalsnes.
From £1,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Fri 16 Jul 2021
13 nights • Braemar • M2117
- Within the Arctic Circle, a discovery of Norway’s spectacular north will provide spellbinding experiences and create memories that will last forever.
- Explore the rugged landscapes of the iconic North Cape plateau, on your from Honningsvåg; immerse yourself in the eerie midnight sun; and visit Tromsø, as well as lesser-known Hammerfest.
- Diverting into the fjordland too, small ship Braemar will navigate the remarkably narrow Trollfjord; by the Torghatten and Seven Sisters mountains; visit picturesque Ålesund – overlooked by Mount Aksla; and more.
From £1,899ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Sat 14 Aug 2021
28 nights • Bolette • T2121
- Take advantage of a rare opportunity to witness the eerie Midnight Sun in Norway and search for a glimmer of the awe-inspiring Aurora Borealis in Iceland.
- Be mesmerised by small ship scenic cruising, including a glide along glorious Prins Christiansund; an up-close view of the astonishing Tuna Glacier; and a glimpse of volcanic Jan Mayen Island.
- Make memories ashore, with chances to explore the Qooroq Ice Fjord; see Longyearbyen’s wild landscapes; tour Iceland’s Golden Circle; and much more.
From £4,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Mon 20 Dec 2021
15 nights • Bolette • T2130
- Immerse yourself in the wintertime scenes and experience magical Christmas and New Year celebrations in Norway, and ensure your festive season is simply unforgettable.
- Enjoy a memorable Christmas with all the trimmings on Bolette; seek-out the Northern Lights in Alta on Boxing Day; and see-in 2022 in style in beautiful Bergen.
- You can explore the unique ‘Blue Town’ of Sortland; create your own Arctic art at the handcrafted Sorrisniva Ice Hotel; and much more too.
From £2,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Thu 03 Jun 2021
12 nights • Borealis • S2112
- With chances to uncover rugged waterways and archipelagos, and experience the magic of the Midnight Sun, immerse yourself in Northern Norway’s unrivalled drama and beauty.
- Enjoy unforgettable scenic cruising into spectacular Sortlandsundet and by beautiful Reine; and explore ashore amongst Lofoten and Vesterålen’s astonishing scenery.
- Take in the attractions of Tromsø, including the iconic Arctic Cathedral and Mount Storsteinen; visit breathtaking Harstad and enjoy a rare opportunity to explore colourful Hammerfest.
From £1,899ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Tue 16 Nov 2021
16 nights • Borealis • S2126
- Revel in the early winter wonders of Northern Norway – awaiting you are dramatic landscapes, exhilarating adventures, and chances to seek-out the spectacular Aurora Borealis.
- Arctic Norway is one of the best places to see the Northern Lights; with luck on your side, you might get to witness this colourful natural phenomena illuminate clear night skies.
- Enjoy an overnight stay in attraction-packed Tromso too; immerse yourself in Alta’s Sami heritage; go husky sledding into the wilderness surrounding Narvik; and even encounter native Arctic wildlife.
From £1,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Newcastle • Wed 22 Jun 2022
15 nights • Balmoral • L2217
- Experience a unique exploration of Norway, featuring a week-long discovery of unique landscapes, breathtaking waterways and fascinating remote settlements found deep within the Arctic Circle.
- Be immersed in the stunning beauty and incredible history of eerie, rarely-visited towns in rugged Spitsbergen; visit the North Cape; and see the astonishing Tuna, Nordenskiöldbreen and Black glaciers.
- Enjoy scenic fjord cruising on Balmoral and visit destinations such as Olden and Åndalsnes, for tours to unmissable fjordland wonders, plus revel in the wonder of the mesmerising midnight sun.
From £2,499ppFares Explained | What's Included