With its vibrant atmosphere, modern culture and beautiful architecture, Copenhagen is the essence of Scandinavian cool. One of Europe's oldest and most popular cities, Copenhagen is also one of the cleanest and most cosmopolitan. Its narrow streets are always busy with welcoming locals and are lined with colourful cafes, bars, shops and places to eat. Its bridges ring with cycling commuters and the pristine waterways make visiting this city a wonderful experience. [ReadMoreMob]
The historic centre of Denmark’s capital, an 18th-century rococo district, is home to the Royal Family’s Amalienborg Palace, Christiansborg Palace and Rosenborg Castle, surrounded by beautiful gardens and is the home of the Danish crown jewels. The Little Mermaid sculpture at Langelinje Pier is a must-visit attraction too.
Take a wander through pretty Nyhavn – Copenhagen’s 17th century waterfront and canal district – and you'll revel postcard-perfect scenes of historic wooden ships set to a backdrop of brightly coloured 17th and 18th century townhouses, many of which have been converted into bars and restaurants.
The world’s second-oldest operating amusement park boasts a mix of rides, pavilions and open-air stage shows. You can ride the renovated, century-old roller coaster or simply wander the eclectic gardens, featuring everything from fountains to an orangery.
Uncover royal Copenhagen
Copenhagen’s rich, royal history is evident at a number of sites across the city, including Amalienborg and Christiansborg palaces, and Rosenborg Castle, home to the crown jewels. Head to Palace Square to see the changing of the guards, which occurs everyday.
Copenhagen's 17th century waterfront and canal district is lined with brightly coloured townhouses that have been the home of many famous artists over the years, including Danish author Hans Christian Andersen. Today, this picturesque, vibrant area is a magnet for tourists.
Cruises to Copenhagen
Oslo & Copenhagen City Break in Five Nights • L2207
- Explore the cities of Copenhagen and Oslo
- Sail past the Olsen family home in Hvitsten
- Admire the royal palaces of Denmark’s capital
Baltic States with St Petersburg • L2213
- Explore St. Petersburg on an overnight stay
- Wander through Tallinn’s medieval old town
- Delve into Soviet history in Saaremaa and Liepaja
Denmark with Fredericia Celebrations • M2219
- Delight in Danish culture and traditions
- Be part of the 6th July celebrations in Fredericia
- Get a feel for 'hygge' and discover rich history
Islands & Archipelagos of Scandinavia • L2221
- Sail through the picturesque Stockholm archipelago
- Tour Gothenburg by canal boat
- Visit royal palaces in Copenhagen and Stockholm
Scandinavian City Break • T2223
- Visit the Vigelund sculpture park in Oslo
- Tour to Nya Älvsborg Castle from Gothernburg
- Explore Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
European Christmas Markets • L2232
- Enjoy the festive illuminations at Tivoli
- Browse the markets in Hamburg and Gothenburg
- Tour to Bruges or Brussels from Zeebrugge
Exploring the Nordic Capitals • T2309
- Admire the magnificent Royal palaces in Stockholm and Oslo
- Be sure to take a photo of the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen
- Wander round the fascinating Vigelund Sculpture park in Oslo
Exploring Baltic Capitals with St Petersburg • L2311
- Visit the magnificent Peterhof Palace in St. Petersburg
- Wander the historic Gamla Stan District of Copenhagen
- Enjoy scenic cruising on the Kiel Canal