With its vibrant atmosphere, modern culture and beautiful architecture, Copenhagen is the essence of Scandinavian cool. One of Europe's oldest and most popular cities, Copenhagen is also one of the cleanest and most cosmopolitan. Its narrow streets are always busy with welcoming locals and are lined with colourful cafes, bars, shops and places to eat. Its bridges ring with cycling commuters and the pristine waterways make visiting this city a wonderful experience. [ReadMoreMob]
The historic centre of Denmark’s capital, an 18th-century rococo district, is home to the Royal Family’s Amalienborg Palace, Christiansborg Palace and Rosenborg Castle, surrounded by beautiful gardens and is the home of the Danish crown jewels. The Little Mermaid sculpture at Langelinje Pier is a must-visit attraction too.
Take a wander through pretty Nyhavn – Copenhagen’s 17th century waterfront and canal district – and you'll revel postcard-perfect scenes of historic wooden ships set to a backdrop of brightly coloured 17th and 18th century townhouses, many of which have been converted into bars and restaurants.
The world’s second-oldest operating amusement park boasts a mix of rides, pavilions and open-air stage shows. You can ride the renovated, century-old roller coaster or simply wander the eclectic gardens, featuring everything from fountains to an orangery.
Uncover royal Copenhagen
Copenhagen’s rich, royal history is evident at a number of sites across the city, including Amalienborg and Christiansborg palaces, and Rosenborg Castle, home to the crown jewels. Head to Palace Square to see the changing of the guards, which occurs everyday.
Copenhagen's 17th century waterfront and canal district is lined with brightly coloured townhouses that have been the home of many famous artists over the years, including Danish author Hans Christian Andersen. Today, this picturesque, vibrant area is a magnet for tourists.
Cruises to Copenhagen
The Grandeur of Scandinavia & St Petersburg • L2119
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of these Baltic cities
- Marvel in the iconic landmarks of St Petersburg
- Uncover impressive palaces in the Scandinavian capitals
Uncrowded Baltic • L2130
- Experience an immersive & relaxing exploration
- See St Petersburg city’s sights during an overnight stay
- Explore Tallinn’s enchanting Old Town
Germany & the Low Lands with Kiel Week • T2116
- Enjoy scenic cruising through countryside scenes
- Kiel will be alive with its spectacular Windjammer parade
- Visits to Antwerp, Amsterdam and Copenhagen too
Swedish Waterways with a Taste of Denmark • T2122
- This Swedish showcase makes for a very special cruise
- Experience the sheer wonder of the idyllic fjords
- Copenhagen adds Danish delights into the mix
Uncrowded Baltic • T2124
- Visiting incredible cities when they are less crowded
- Enjoy a magical night at the Russian ballet
- Meet bell ringers at one of Tallinn’s historic churches