What can we say about the Maldives? Simply, it is probably the most luxurious and romantic of all cruise holiday destinations. Close your eyes and picture thatched beach huts, impossibly blue waters, white sand and the tingle of the sun on your skin. These low-lying coral islands in the Indian Ocean are a paradise to divers, snorkelers and sun-worshipers. [ReadMoreMob]
If you’re looking for high adventure and vibrant city life, the Maldives won’t be for you. But if you prefer your cruise to offer simplicity, luxury and complete relaxation then you’re in luck.
Just imagine yourself relaxing, looking out over the azure waters as you enjoy the freshest fish you’ve ever eaten. As you can imagine, this features quite heavily on the menu, as does fruit and curry.
So if you’re looking for an indulgent break with a spot of sun worshipping, bathing in bath warm lagoons and relaxing on picture-perfect white-sand beaches, a cruise holiday to the Maldives has got to be at the top of your list.
Islands of the Maldives
The Maldives consists of over a thousand islets, only 200 of which are inhabited. Within easy reach of Malé are the tropical paradise resorts of Kuda Bandos and Cinnamon Dhonveli, while neighbouring Vilimale showcases traditional Maldivian life.
Located in the Islamic Centre, the Grand Friday Mosque is striking for its plainness; its pristine white marble façade is almost devoid of ornament. Nevertheless, it is crowned by an impressive golden dome that dominates Malé’s busy skyline.
Cruises to Maldives
Departs: Cape Town • Thu 31 Oct 2019
28 nights • Boudicca • D192627
- From going in search of the ‘Big Five’ on exhilarating safari adventures and discovering fauna-rich coral reefs to exploring unspoilt islands and indulging in pure relaxation at picture-perfect beaches, this enthralling cruise packs in memorable, once-in-a-lifetime experiences throughout.
- You can tour to breathtaking South African game reserves from Port Elizabeth and Richards Bay; seek-out lemurs, chameleons and much more in Madagascar; marvel at the Indian Ocean’s largest lagoon at Mayotte; and see giant land tortoises on the uninhabited island of Moyenne in the Seychelles.
- Quintessential Seychelles beaches such as idyllic Anse Lazio await at Praslin Island, before calls at Malé and Colombo offer a taste of authentic Maldivian and Sri Lankan life. Then, in the Andaman Sea, the natural beauty of the Andaman Islands and fabulous Phuket awaits you.
Departs: Victoria • Thu 14 Nov 2019
28 nights • Boudicca • D192728
- In just under a month, you’ll visit sun-kissed scenic islands in the Indian Ocean, the Andaman and Indonesia in search of impressive natural and man-made wonders, captivating wildlife, postcard-perfect beaches and more – an incredible way to forget about cold and gloom back home in the UK.
- Meet Boudicca in the Seychelles, where you’ll spend time in Mahé and Praslin Island; visit the Maldives for idyllic atolls and tropical resorts; call at Colombo, Sri Lanka’s picturesque, culture-rich capital; and bask in the astounding beauty of the Andaman Islands and Idyllic Phuket.
- Your Indonesian exploration includes chances to explore Weh Island’s fauna-rich jungle and warm, clear waters; visit Java Island’s sensational Borobudur Temple; marvel at the Gunung Rinjani volcano on Lombok Island; go ashore at Komodo Island; and sample paradise at beautiful Bali.
Departs: Victoria • Thu 14 Nov 2019
14 nights • Boudicca • D1927
- Instead of suffering the cold, wet weather back home as winter approaches, you’ll be hopping between a string of paradise islands in the Indian Ocean and the Andaman Sea. Postcard-perfect beaches, beautifully unspoilt island landscapes, iconic scenes and much more awaits you.
- During a week of Indian Ocean island exploration, you can visit UNESCO-listed Vallée de Mai and relax at Anse Lazio – one of the world’s best beaches – in the Seychelles; seek-out idyllic Maldivian atolls during a call at Malé; and take in Colombo’s collection of diverse attractions in Sri Lanka.
- In the Andaman Sea, bask in the breathtaking natural beauty of the Andaman Islands and Phuket, the ‘Pearl of the Andaman’. You’ll have chances to visit fauna-rich national parks; seek-out some of Asia’s most spectacular beaches; and even ride a speedboat to legendary Phang Nga Bay.
From £1,199ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Thu 05 Nov 2020
140 nights • Boudicca • D20GV
- A holiday beyond your wildest dreams, this 140-night voyage to some of the world’s most iconic and intoxicating destinations offers authentic cultures and traditions, amazing wildlife, spectacular scenery and much more.
- Experience an exhilarating Asian exploration, to learn of samurais and geishas in Japan; explore the war-torn history of Vietnam; sample India’s engrossing hustle and bustle; and even celebrate New Year’s Eve in stunning Singapore.
- African adventures include chances to seek-out South Africa’s ‘Big Five’ game and Madagascar’s iconic flora and fauna; explore the colossal Namib Desert; marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza; and sail the impressive Suez Canal.
From £13,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Cape Town • Thu 03 Dec 2020
42 nights • Boudicca • D202930
- Chances to encounter incredible wildlife; discover paradise at idyllic islands; taste Far-Eastern culture; and see in the New Year in style make for an unforgettable end to 2020 and start to 2021.
- Seek-out South Africa’s ‘big game’ on exhilarating safari adventures; see Madagascar’s famous fauna and flora; marvel at the Indian Ocean’s largest lagoon in Mayotte; and meet giant land tortoises in the Seychelles.
- Spend Christmas Eve in Colombo and Christmas Day on board Boudicca, before visiting culture-rich Malaysia; being part of Singapore’s spectacular New Year’s Eve celebrations; and uncovering ancient castles, among countless other highlights, in Japan.
From £7,199ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Victoria • Thu 17 Dec 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D2030
- For an unforgettable festive season, uncover scenic and spiritual wonders, rich history and culture, and experience a spectacular New Year’s Eve celebration, on an Asian exploration of epic proportions.
- Enjoy Christmas on board Boudicca and delight in the mosques, temples and towers of Georgetown and iconic Kuala Lumpur, before arriving in Singapore to see in 2021 with an unforgettable fireworks display at Marina Bay.
- Your extended stay in Singapore allows time to discover Raffles Hotel and the Gardens by the Bay too, before Naha and Kōchi reveal quintessentially Japanese sights, from ancient castles and temples to beautiful Oriental gardens.
From £5,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Victoria • Thu 17 Dec 2020
42 nights • Boudicca • D203001
- Experience an unforgettable festive season and start to 2021 on an epic exploration of the Far East filled with the scenic and spiritual wonders, authentic cultures and traditions of one of the world’s most intoxicating regions.
- Enjoy Christmas on board Boudicca; be enthralled by culture-rich Georgetown and iconic Kuala Lumpur; and celebrate New Year’s Eve in Singapore, with time to visit Gardens by the Bay and Raffles Hotel too.
- An enlightening Japanese exploration includes opportunities to encounter Geishas in Tokyo; be part of a classical tea ceremony in Osaka; look beyond the infamous war history of Hiroshima and Nagasaki; and much more.
From £8,099ppFares Explained | What's Included