Why Cruise India?
From Mughal Empire landmarks in the north such as Delhi’s Red Fort to Agra iconic Taj Mahal mausoleum, down to the beaches of Goa, India shakes the senses and stirs the soul. A cruise to India highlights just how diverse this country is, where pilgrims bathe in the Ganges in Varanasi, yoga-lovers seek sanctuary in Rishikesh, and travellers seek out serene Kochi and its beguiling mix of giant cantilever fishing nets, ancient synagogues and mosques, Portuguese homes, and the vanishing remnants of the British Raj. [ReadMoreMob] [ReadMoreDesk]
India, the Country & Culture
From the imposing peaks of the Himalayan peaks to sublime Indian Ocean coastline, India is a vast Asian country with a diverse terrain and a history that goes back 5,000 years. It is a land of extremes: rich and poor, modern and ancient all sit side by side in a hectic, colourful nation.
Traditional rural communities lie next to vibrant, modern cities like Mumbai with its western skyscrapers, multicultural flavours and traditional bazaars. The intense city ignites curiosity, and is in stark contrast to the humble coastal city of Porbandar, the birthplace of Gandhi and India's spiritual beginnings.
Loved for its variety, spices and tantalizing flavours, Indian cuisine is world-renowned. Whether it's enjoying a quick bite from a busy street vendor or dining at a fantastic 5-star restaurant, visitors to India's cities and villages are in for a culinary treat.
Cruises to India
The Intrepid Beauty of Africa & the Indian Ocean • T2330Save to favourites
- Experience a cruise adventure of a lifetime
- Seek out incredible flora and fauna and much more
- Get a feel for authentic Indian life and sail the Suez Canal too
World Cruise from Liverpool to Southampton • S240102Save to favourites
- Experience the thrill of an around the world voyage on Borealis
- Discover a mix of cultural, historical and natural wonders
- Find paradise at Pacific Islands and explore Sydney, Singapore and Mumbai.
Be the first to hear about our latest cruise deals by signing up to receive our emails.
World Cruise • S2402Save to favourites
- Experience an around the world cruise on Borealis
- Discover a mix of cultural and natural wonders
- Explore Sydney, Singapore, Mumbai and New Zealand
Exploring Australia & the Far East • S2405Save to favourites
- Diverse Australian cities and Asian destinations serve up a mix of ecletic highlights to discover.
- See Sydney’s world-famous attractions; and go in search of natural wonders such as the Great Barrier Reef.
- Visit tribal Papua New Guinea; explore Bali, Phuket and Komodo Island; feel the vibrant energy of Singapore and Mumbai; and even tour to the Taj Mahal.
Australia, Far East & the Mediterranean • S240506Save to favourites
- Experience an adventure packed with natural wonders and awe-inspiring landscapes; enriching cultures and remarkable history; and much more.
- See Sydney’s iconic attractions and tour to the Great Barrier Reef, and discover the contrasts of Asia, from tribalf Alotau to bustling Singapore and Mumbai.
- Visit the ‘Lost City’ of Petra, Jerusalem and Bethlehem; sail Egypt’s Suez Canal; and delight in the diversity of the UAE.
Discovering Asia with the Holi Festival • L2502Save to favourites
- Experience the colourful Holi Festival in Mumbai
- Visit Siem Reap, Angkor Wat and the Shwedagon Pagoda
- See endangered elephants in Sri Lanka