With the two main islands shaped like the wings of a butterfly, conjoined by a bridge, Guadeloupe is a lovely archipelago of over a dozen sunkissed islands. Grand-Terre is a lively island with stretches of white sandy beaches, whereas Basse-Terre is more mountainous - with pretty waterfalls and the magnificent La Soufrière volcano.
Caribbean Cuisine and Rum
Local dishes are made with colourful ingredients and delicious tropical products, with a little added Caribbean spice! Traditional Guadeloupean dishes include accras, bokits, conch fricassée and grilled lobster, which are often accompanied by “dog sauce”, a popular Caribbean dressing. Guadeloupe is internationally known for the quality of its brown sugar and rums, which are recognised for their superb quality; and of course there's the famous ti' punch - blended white rum, sugar and lime, which must be drunk in moderation!
Music and Dance
Music in Guadeloupe plays a huge part in the traditions of this archipelago of lovely islands, with Indian and African influences. A cruise to Guadeloupe with Fred. Olsen offers guests the chance to experience Gwoka - a musical representation of music, dance and singing which emerged in the 18th century during the slavery era. A cruise to Guadeloupe whets the appetite to return again and again.
Cruises to Guadeloupe
Discover the Wildlife of Central America • M2303
- Seek out Sloths & tropical birds in Puerto Limon
- Explore marine life at Belize’s barrier reef
- Go in search of Hummingbirds in Roatan
Transatlantic Voyage to the Caribbean Islands • M2330Save to favourites
- Enjoy a well-earned break in the Caribbean
- Relax on paradise beaches
- Sample authentic Caribbean culture and delve into rich history
Be the first to hear about our latest cruise deals by signing up to receive our emails.
Transatlantic voyage to the Islands of the Caribbean • M233031Save to favourites
- Enjoy Caribbean sunshine, scenery and Christmas celebrations
- Relax on beautiful beaches and discover volcanic lands
- Enjoy Christmas Day on board Braemar
Discovering the Natural Wonders of Central America • M2403Save to favourites
- Venture off the beaten track in Central America
- Spot marine life with ORCA
- Go whale watching in Guadeloupe