Cruise along the Maurangerfjord, gliding past the pretty Furebergfossen Waterfall for wonderful views and great photo opportunities. Maurangerfjord is a fjord in the municipality Kvinnherad in Hordaland, Norway. It is a 12 km long branch of the Hardangerfjord. The inner end of the fjord branches into Nordrepollen and Austrepollen. The Mauranger Hydroelectric Power Station is located in Austrepollen.
Cruises to Cruising Maurangerfjord
Departs: Dover • Fri 17 Apr 2020
9 nights • Boudicca • D2009
- Experience a full-flavoured taste of Norway’s magical fjordland, with visits to six captivating destinations complemented by scenic cruising of spectacular, unspoilt waterways.
- From on board Boudicca, marvel at the scenic splendour of the narrow, twisting Nærøyfjord, Nordfjord, Maurangerfjord and Hardangerfjord, the ‘Queen of the Fjords’.
- Ashore meanwhile, highlights include opportunities to ride the Mount Fløyen funicular and visit Edvard Grieg’s lakeside home in Bergen; experience a journey on the famous Flåmsbana Railway; and sample produce from Hardangerfjord – ‘the Orchard of Norway’ – on tours from Eidfjord.
From £1,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Newcastle • Fri 24 Apr 2020
7 nights • Balmoral • L2005
- Exploring the Norwegian Fjordland in the spring, when rich flora bursts into life and mighty waterfalls are at their most powerful, you’ll become immersed in the wonder of this spectacular part of the world.
- Aboard Balmoral, experience unforgettable scenic cruising of Lysefjord, with its towering mountains, cliffs and intriguing rock formations, Maurangerfjord and Hardangerfjord, the ‘Queen of the Fjords’.
- Ashore, highlights include Edvard Grieg’s lakeside home in Bergen; the famous Flåmsbana Railway; and a chance to sample flavours from the ‘Orchard of Norway’ during time in Eidfjord.
From £949ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Fri 03 Jul 2020
7 nights • Boudicca • D2016
- Packing awe-inspiring scenic fjord cruising and visits to diverse, attraction-laden destinations into four days of Norwegian exploration, this weeklong summer sojourn makes for highly rewarding holiday.
- You’ll be welcomed to the fjordland by the extraordinary landscapes of Lysefjord, before visiting Flåm for a chance to ride the famous Flåmsbana Railway, and diverting into the spectacular Nærøyfjord.
- Amongst the untamed scenes of Hardangerfjord, Rosendal – gateway to the striking Folgefonna Glacier – awaits, while you’ll also see the cascading Furebergfossen Waterfall before finally visiting culture-rich Stavanger.
From £1,099ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Newcastle • Sat 17 Apr 2021
7 nights • Balmoral • L2110
- Savour spectacular spring highlights from start to finish on this special seven-night voyage, perfectly timed to capture the fjordland’s sensational seasonal scenery at its most breathtaking.
- Departing from Newcastle, Balmoral will soon bring you closer to Norwegian wonders, including the intriguing rock formations and cliffs of Lysefjord and the tumbling waterfalls of Maurangerfjord.
- Time ashore will provide plenty of highlights too – you can ride the famous Flåmsbana and Funicular Railways in Flåm and Bergen respectively; seek-out the Briksdal Glacier from Olden; and much more.
From £999ppFares Explained | What's Included