Bordering Sweden, Norway and Russia, the most striking thing about Finland is the sense of space across its land. Finland’s vast unspoilt forests and breath-taking lakes are interspersed by cities of inspired design oozing fine architecture and over a million saunas. [ReadMoreMob]
Its capital, Helsinki, occupies a peninsula in the Baltic Sea. The city is home to the 18th century sea fortress Suomenlinna and many intriguing museums. The Art Nouveau buildings, the fashionable Design District, ice hotels, cafés and its friendly locals make Helsinki a great city to explore. A new epicurean scene is also flourishing, with locally-gathered produce a must-try for visitors.
Summer's endless light balances switches to winter's eerie magic as the Northern Lights can often be seen illuminating the skies above Finland's a vast wilderness and national parks. With almost two-thirds of the country covered by forest, Finland is a natural playground with plenty of opportunities to explore.
Cruises to Finland
The Grandeur of Scandinavia & St Petersburg • L2119Save to favourites
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of these Baltic cities
- Marvel in the iconic landmarks of St Petersburg
- Uncover impressive palaces in the Scandinavian capitals
Uncrowded Baltic • T2124Save to favourites
- Visiting incredible cities when they are less crowded
- Enjoy a magical night at the Russian ballet
- Meet bell ringers at one of Tallinn’s historic churches