Bordering Sweden, Norway and Russia, the most striking thing about Finland is the sense of space across its land. Finland’s vast unspoilt forests and breath-taking lakes are interspersed by cities of inspired design oozing fine architecture and over a million saunas. [ReadMoreMob]
Its capital, Helsinki, occupies a peninsula in the Baltic Sea. The city is home to the 18th century sea fortress Suomenlinna and many intriguing museums. The Art Nouveau buildings, the fashionable Design District, ice hotels, cafés and its friendly locals make Helsinki a great city to explore. A new epicurean scene is also flourishing, with locally-gathered produce a must-try for visitors.
Summer's endless light balances switches to winter's eerie magic as the Northern Lights can often be seen illuminating the skies above Finland's a vast wilderness and national parks. With almost two-thirds of the country covered by forest, Finland is a natural playground with plenty of opportunities to explore.
Cruises to Finland
Departs: Dover • Tue 05 Oct 2021
13 nights • Boudicca • D2124
- Visiting incredible cities when they are less crowded, you’ve opportunities to experience the best of the Baltic with fewer tourists around and more space to discover iconic attractions.
- In St Petersburg, see spectacular sights by day; and enjoy a magical night at the Russian ballet, with a chance to meet the soloist performer too.
- Meet bell ringers at one of Tallinn’s historic churches; immerse yourself in Helsinki’s Finnish culture; plus, visit charming Copenhagen, Gothenburg and cruise the scenic Kiel Canal.
From £1,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Rosyth (Edinburgh) • Thu 17 Jun 2021
14 nights • Balmoral • L2119
- See, experience and fully immerse yourself in the grandeur of beautiful Baltic cities renowned for their remarkable architectural, cultural, historical and artistic delights.
- Enjoy three days in spectacular St Petersburg, ample time to marvel at iconic landmarks such as Peterhof Palace and the Hermitage, and even feel the magic of the Russian ballet.
- Uncover impressive palaces, castles and museums in the Scandinavian capitals of Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo; plus experience enchanting local life in Tallinn, Estonia and Helsinki, Finland.
From £1,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Mon 01 Jun 2020
13 nights • Braemar • M2014
- Visiting five diverse cities in five different countries aboard Braemar, including three magnificent Baltic capitals, you’ll experience cultural discovery at its finest on this enriching 13-night adventure.
- You can delight in Copenhagen’s palaces, monuments and beautiful waterfront; indulge in an authentic Finnish sauna experience in Helsinki; and delve into Tallinn’s fairytale-esque Old Town.
- Elsewhere, savour world-famous sights and an unforgettable night at the Russian ballet in St Petersburg; and in Germany, visit charming Travemünde before sailing the size-restricted Kiel Canal.
From £1,149ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Tue 28 Jul 2020
14 nights • Braemar • M2019
- Docking closer to the heart of a string of attraction-packed rich cities, Braemar brings the Baltic’s greatest architectural treasures, legendary landmarks and cultural highlights within easy reach.
- See the art-nouveau delights of Riga and Helsinki; explore Visby’s beautifully preserved Old Town; see the impressive Royal Palaces of Copenhagen; and unwind with an authentic Finnish sauna experience.
- Spectacular St Petersburg will be a highlight to savour: stopping overnight affords opportunities to seek-out the gems of the ‘Jewel in the Baltic Crown’ and even feel the emotion of an evening at the magical Russian ballet.
From £1,749ppFares Explained | What's Included