Lying between the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans, much of Greenland’s surface is covered in ice, with its sparse populace nestled on the ice-free, fjord-lined coast to the southwest. Situated largely above the Arctic Circle, the island offers stunning landscapes and natural phenomena such as the Aurora Borealis and summer’s midnight sun. [ReadMoreMob]
The old saying goes, “When you've seen the world, there's always Greenland,” but there are many reasons to make the trip much sooner. Greenland may be remote, but it's a natural masterpiece. [ReadMoreDesk] Dramatic fjords, imposing mountains and majestic icebergs are a feature of the unspolit landscapes here, providing a haven for an amazing array of wildlife such as whales, seabirds, seals and reindeer.
Greenland’s History & Culture
Greenland has one of the world’s smallest capitals: cosmopolitan Nuuk. The city offers a mix of intriguing museums and more history can be found at the Viking ruins in Narsarsuaq and Qassiarsuk, and at Qaqortoq’s small Inuit (Eskimo) Museum.
The unique blend of Inuit and Danish ancestry has produced a Greenlandic culture all of its own. The ancient and modern is seen in some surprising combinations, be that dogsledding with Carlsberg or kaffemiks. A cruise to Greenland is something special and time in each destination should be taken to unwind and witness some of this land’s most dazzling natural experiences.
Cruises to Greenland
Exploring the Arctic • T2316Save to favourites
- Explore remote destinations in Spitsbergen and Arctic Norway
- Learn about historical Arctic explorers, such as Amundsen
- Seek out marine wildlife with ORCA conservationists
Exploring Greenland • T2316NCLSave to favourites
- Tour to the Qooroq Ice Fjord
- Explore the history & culture of Qaqortoq
- Learn about Explorer history in Greenland
Be the first to hear about our latest cruise deals by signing up to receive our emails.
Exploring Rugged & Remote Greenland & Iceland • S2315Save to favourites
- Experience rugged Iceland and Greenland
- Enjoy scenic cruising of Prins Christiansund
- In Iceland, discover the wonders of the Golden Circle
Discovering the Arctic's Wildlife & Remote Landscapes • T2417Save to favourites
- Experience icebergs and glaciers in Greenland
- Perhaps spot a polar bear in Nunavut
- Visit the Viking archaeological site in L'Anse Aux Meadows