For many, cinematic Iceland is the destination for witnessing the raw power of nature. An Icelandic cruise adventure brings remarkable natural wonders and experiences: the Golden Circle Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, the geothermal Blue Lagoon and the Strokkur Geysir – the landscape awaiting exploration is simply breathtaking. [ReadMoreMob]
The jewel in the Atlantic's crown is also a land of legend. Most of Iceland’s population lives in the compact capital, Reykjavik, which runs on geothermal power and is home to the National and Saga Museums, tracing Iceland’s fascinating Viking history.
Iceland's cultural life boasts a literary prowess that includes Nobel Prize winners. Visual art, local crafts and live music are everywhere, and the food scene is sensational. Fresh seafood is the stand out menu item, but street food, like the Icelandic pylsur [ReadMoreDesk](hot dog) has a growing reputation. The planet's most northerly capital offers a classless, green-thinking society that Nordics are renowned for – plus a stylish personality that underlines Iceland's confidence.
From discovering tectonic plates to spotting Humpbacks from Akureyri, the ‘land of fire and ice’ woos every nature lover that pays a visit and, despite the cool temperatures, the nation’s genuinely-warm welcome is something special.
Cruises to Iceland
Departs: Rosyth (Edinburgh) • Wed 21 Jul 2021
10 nights • Balmoral • L2122
- Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of Iceland to the full, uncovering a mix of breathtaking lesser-known treasures and some of the country’s most famous wonders.
- Discover stunning scenes out of reach to larger ships – immerse yourself the incredible sights and sounds of Seyðisfjörður, and explore the beautiful Westfjords from Ísafjörður.
- Witness the violent geysirs and waterfalls of the Golden Circle, or relax at the Blue Lagoon on tour from Reykjavik; and experience a whale watching adventure of a lifetime from Akureyri.
From £1,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Newcastle • Wed 11 Aug 2021
9 nights • Balmoral • L2125
- Be spellbound by beautiful scenery and spectacular natural wonders on a simply unforgettable circumnavigation of Iceland’s rugged, unspoilt lands.
- Stop overnight in Reykjavik, allowing time to explore the Golden Circle and see its bubbling geysirs and thundering waterfalls; or even bathe at the beautiful Blue Lagoon.
- Discover remote bird havens and wonderlands of tundra, cliffs and waterfalls from remote Ísafjörður and Seyðisfjörður; and experience a whale watching adventure of a lifetime from Akureyri.
From £1,449ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Fri 02 Jul 2021
9 nights • Borealis • S2114
- Get closer to the awe-inspiring wonders and wildlife of Iceland than you ever imagined, as you explore three sides of this astonishing land on Borealis
- See the Golden Circle’s Geysir hot springs, mighty Gullfoss Waterfall Thingvellir National Park from Reykjavik; or even unwind in the Blue Lagoon’s soothing geothermal baths.
- Encounter the native puffins of Vigur Island and seek-out magnificent whales and dolphins on tours from Ísafjörður and Akureyri; and revel in the sights and sounds of spectacular fjords.
From £1,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Sat 14 Aug 2021
14 nights • Borealis • S2119
- Astonishing waterways, spectacular landscapes and enchanting settlements await, as Borealis diverts off the well-beaten tourist routes to bring you the wonders of Greenland’s most remote regions.
- You’ll experience scenic cruising of awe-inspiring Prins Christiansund, and can tour to the remarkable Qooroq Ice Fjord to stimulate your senses with the sight and sounds of magnificent icebergs.
- Explore Qaqortoq and Nanortalik’s for a taste of local history, culture and traditions too; and enjoy two days in Iceland, uncovering world-famous natural wonders.
From £2,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Tue 19 Apr 2022
17 nights • Borealis • S2210
- With the help of ORCA, look out for various species of whale living freely in the deep blue Atlantic waters surrounding the contrasting islands of Iceland and the Azores.
- Revel in the astonishing beauty of Azorean volcanos, crater lakes and vibrant valleys, and the drama of awe-inspiring Icelandic scenery boasting soaring mountains, sheer cliffs and stunning waterways.
- Delve into rich history and culture, with time ashore to explore fascinating historic quarters, traditional fishing ports and an exciting, cosmopolitan capital city.
From £2,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Thu 03 Jun 2021
12 nights • Bolette • T2114
- With natural wonders and wildlife awaiting your discovery amongst Iceland’s incredible landscapes and waterways, this cruise will leave you spellbound throughout.
- An overnight stay in Reykjavik allows ample time to witness the beauty of the Golden Circle’s hot springs and waterfalls on tour, visit the famous Blue Lagoon and much more.
- You’ll also have chances to experience fjord kayaking and embark on an unforgettable whale watching adventure; and see the spectacular sights of Seyðisfjörður, Eyjafjörður and Hrisey Island from Bolette.
From £1,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Sat 14 Aug 2021
28 nights • Bolette • T2121
- Take advantage of a rare opportunity to witness the eerie Midnight Sun in Norway and search for a glimmer of the awe-inspiring Aurora Borealis in Iceland.
- Be mesmerised by small ship scenic cruising, including a glide along glorious Prins Christiansund; an up-close view of the astonishing Tuna Glacier; and a glimpse of volcanic Jan Mayen Island.
- Make memories ashore, with chances to explore the Qooroq Ice Fjord; see Longyearbyen’s wild landscapes; tour Iceland’s Golden Circle; and much more.
From £4,499ppFares Explained | What's Included