Oman offers you something a little bit different. Ooozing an arabesque charm, it offers sun-drenched beach relaxation and the bustle of one of the cleanest cities you’ll ever see.
During your Oman cruise, a visit to its capital, Muscat, will leave you stunned. There are few cities on earth that are as clean and attractive. You won’t find any high-rise monstrosities here, instead all buildings are traditionally built with either a dome or arabesque windows. [ReadMoreMob]
Further south, Salalah is a sub-tropical colourful city with tempting coconut-fringed beaches. You can get to know the locals by browsing its souks where you will be able to pick up a bargain or two.
When it comes to food, there’s a wide range of Arabic, Indian, Oriental, European and other international dishes available. It's not too hot and special dishes are cooked for festive seasons. Although Muslims are forbidden alcohol, most hotels and restaurants have a bar for guests, but of course you may decide that when in Oman.With all these varied sights and sounds on offer, a cruise holiday to Oman will provide countless memories.
Musandam Fjords by Dhow boat
The significance of the Musandam Fjords cannot be underestimated; the roads here weren’t finished until around ten years ago. Exploring via dhow boat is the best way to admire the contrasting scenery of concrete-coloured rock and turquoise waters.
Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque
A fine example of modern Islamic architecture, the mosque was a gift to the nation from Sultan Qaboos to mark his 30th year of reign. The imposing prayer hall houses a Persian carpet that measures 70 metres by 60 metres, making it the second largest hand-loomed Iranian carpet in the world; it took 600 women four years to weave. The mosque can accommodate 20,000 worshippers (including 750 women) in a private musalla (prayer hall).
A part of the towering Al-Hajar Mountains range, Jebel Akhdar (the ‘Green Mountain’) is known for its gardens, farms and plantations. High up in the mountains, several ruined villages – Wadi Bani Habib is a fine example – wait to be explored.
Nakhal Fort offers visitors spectacular views, as well as the chance to step back into Medieval times – it was once the stronghold of the famous Bani Kharous tribe. The tranquil Nakhal Springs nearby is an ideal spot for peaceful contemplation among resplendent scenery.
Land of Frankincense
Oman’s Land of Frankincense comprises four sites, including the open-air Al-Baleed Archaeological Park, whose ruins are all set against a stunning backdrop. The nearby Land of Frankincense Museum displays the area’s rich maritime trade history.
Cruises to Oman
Departs: Colombo • Thu 06 Feb 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D200304
- Visits to inspirational Indian, Arabia and ancient Middle Eastern destinations will present you with an array of authentic sights and experiences on this exciting cruise adventure, with traditional and modern delights, fascinating historical and spiritual sites, and much more awaiting your discovery.
- Your Indian exploration will include overnight stays in Kochi, for the famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets and a tour to the Taj Mahal, and charming Goa; a full-day to immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of Mumbai; and a call at Porbandar, birthplace of Gandhi – the ‘Father of India’.
- You’ll also have chances to explore the beautiful Musandam Fjords, see Muscat’s palaces and mosques, and discover the Lost City of Ubar in Oman; visit ancient Petra – one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World – in Jordan; and take tours to Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod, Israel.
From £4,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dubai • Thu 20 Feb 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D200405
- Countless iconic and inspirational sights await you on this incredible cruise through Arabia, the Middle East and the Mediterranean aboard Remarkable ‘lost cities’, magnificent ancient wonders and fascinating holy sites are just a few of the highlights on this incredible journey.
- You could explore the beautiful Musandam Fjords, see Muscat’s palaces and mosques, and discover the Lost City of Ubar in Oman; visit ancient Petra – one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World – in Jordan; and take tours to Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod, Israel.
- In the Mediterranean, you can delve into Crete’s over 5000-year-old history and seek-out Athens’ iconic ancient wonders; delight in the sight of Valletta’s UNESCO-listed Grand Harbour in Malta; and uncover the attractions of three stunning Spanish cities, Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena and Malaga.
From £3,949ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dubai • Thu 20 Feb 2020
14 nights • Boudicca • D2004
- With chances to dig deeper and immerse yourself in centuries of extraordinary history at some of the world’s oldest, most famous and best-preserved ‘lost cities’ and holy sites, there’s much more to this exciting cruise than the ports listed on the itinerary.
- In Oman, you can explore the spectacular Musandam Fjords on a boat trip from Khasab; marvel at the mosques and palaces of Muscat; and discover the Lost City of Ubar on tour from Salalah. Another of Arabia’s lost cities also awaits you in Jordan; Aqaba is your gateway to spellbinding Petra.
- After a cruise along Egypt’s Suez Canal, Boudicca will also head to the beautiful Mediterranean Coast of Israel and call at Ashdod. Here you’ll be ideally located for tours to Jerusalem – a spiritual treasure for Jewish, Muslim and Christian pilgrim – and Bethlehem, birthplace of Jesus Christ.
From £2,699ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Thu 05 Nov 2020
140 nights • Boudicca • D20GV
- A holiday beyond your wildest dreams, this 140-night voyage to some of the world’s most iconic and intoxicating destinations offers authentic cultures and traditions, amazing wildlife, spectacular scenery and much more.
- Experience an exhilarating Asian exploration, to learn of samurais and geishas in Japan; explore the war-torn history of Vietnam; sample India’s engrossing hustle and bustle; and even celebrate New Year’s Eve in stunning Singapore.
- African adventures include chances to seek-out South Africa’s ‘Big Five’ game and Madagascar’s iconic flora and fauna; explore the colossal Namib Desert; marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza; and sail the impressive Suez Canal.
From £13,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Hong Kong • Thu 28 Jan 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210203
- With visits to breathtaking islands, vibrant metropolises and historic cities, you’ll experience the many sides of Asia uncovering unspoilt landscapes, stunning architecture and authentic cultures and rich history.
- Vietnamese highlights await in between visits to Hong Kong and Singapore, including chances to explore mesmerising Ha Long Bay on a boat tour and uncover Ho Chi Ming City’s fascinating war tales.
- Explore idyllic Thai and Indonesian islands, and then head to India to delve into Goa’s European heritage; immerse yourself in Mumbai’s legendary hustle and bustle; and perhaps tour to the iconic Taj Mahal from Kochi.
From £4,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Phuket • Thu 11 Feb 2021
14 nights • Boudicca • D2103
- Immersive yourself in India’s inspirational sights, authentic experiences and remarkable diversity, on a sensational journey showcasing the very best of one of the world’s most engrossing countries.
- After whetting your appetite with the delights of Phuket, Indonesia and Sri Lanka, you’ll visit Kochi for chances to see the famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets; or take an overland tour to the iconic Taj Mahal.
- Uncover Goa’s absorbing Portuguese legacy with a call at Mormugão, then enjoy diverse experiences in bustling Mumbai, from visiting the Dhobi Ghat laundry district to witnessing busy Dabbawallas delivering lunches across the city.
From £2,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Phuket • Thu 11 Feb 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210304
- Uncover a mix of modern architectural and cultural delights, awe-inspiring holy sites and remarkable centuries-old wonders on this incredible voyage to India, Arabia and the ancient Middle East.
- See famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets, or take an overland tour to the Taj Mahal from Kochi; explore Goa’s rich European heritage; and immerse yourself in Mumbai’s legendary hustle and bustle.
- Marvel at Muscat’s magnificent Arabic architecture; seek-out some of the world’s great ancient sites in Egypt and Jordan, including Great Pyramids of Giza; and take chances to visit holy Jerusalem and Bethlehem in Israel.
From £4,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Muscat • Thu 25 Feb 2021
14 nights • Boudicca • D2104
- Step back in time among some of the world’s most remarkable ancient sites, with chances to uncover a plethora of centuries-old wonders, explore theories about events of yesteryear, and creates lasting memories.
- In Egypt, you can explore the extraordinary Valley of the Kings and marvel at the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, on tours from Safaga and Alexandria respectively, and experience a navigation of the impressive Suez Canal.
- You’ll be afforded an opportunity to see the ancient tombs, archways and temples of the ‘Lost City’ of Petra in Jordan, while hallowed sites await in Israel too, including the holy treasures of Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
From £2,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Muscat • Thu 25 Feb 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210405
- Visit incredible destinations in the ancient Middle East and the Mediterranean, for unmissable opportunities to step back in time amongst centuries-old wonders and revel in the architectural, cultural and scenic delights of these captivating regions.
- Seek-out some of the world’s greatest ancient sites, including the Pyramids of Giza and ‘Lost City’ of Petra, in Egypt and Jordan; and explore the holy lands of Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod and Haifa in Israel.
- Delve into the legendary ancient history of Greece in Crete and Athens, with its famous temples and ruins; sail into Valletta’s magical Grand Harbour; and uncover the attractions of three stunning Spanish cities.
From £3,499ppFares Explained | What's Included