To the south of the Arabian Peninsula, Dubai uniquely blends traditional Arabia with the lure of an ultramodern city. The emirate is a relatively new tourist destination that has gained popularity through its luxury shopping and stunning architecture. It is a world of sharp contrasts: from the contemporary malls, hotels and theme parks to the historic culture of Dubai’s Shindagha and Bastakiya districts.
Experience the soaring Burj Khalifa Tower, the world’s tallest building, visit the man-made Atlantis Palm Island or take a drive through the Arabian Desert, where the sand dunes display a spectacular sight at sunrise.[ReadMoreMob] The beaches stretch as far as the eye can see – the water sports on Kite Beach are a particular attraction – and limitless culinary delights await in award-winning Michelin star restaurants. The city is alive 24/7, and the nightlife is famously upbeat. Some tranquillity, however, can be found at the Al-Mamzar Park.
Dynamic Dubai is constantly developing and evolving, including what can be picked up in the traditional Souks. From the usual spices and delicious local treats to more extravagant items including gold, silver, precious stones and perfumes, the atmospheric lanes of old Dubai are piled high with aromatic and glittering surprises.
The stunning Burj Khalifa has amazed and astounded the world since its completion in 2009. Reaching heights of 2722 feet, it is currently the tallest structure in the world and can be seen from 60 miles away. Breathtaking sights of Dubai can be savoured from the observation deck on the 120th floor, with cladding shining so brightly under the Arabian sun, it almost seems to be made of ivory.
Burj Al Arab
Completed in 1999, the Burj Al Arab was the first hotel in the world to be awarded a 7-star rating. This unique hotel is shaped like a sail and sits on its own man-made island, and is described as a ‘theatre of opulence’, The hotel features 24k gold leaf interiors, a helipad, 24k gold iPads for guests to use, signature cocktails and exceptional gourmet food. The hotel is also home to the highest Atrium in the world, cascading fountain and a built in fire display.
The desert surrounding Dubai unfolds as an undulating canvas of sweeping dunes and shifting sands, traditional Bedouin tents and camel camps. A journey over the rolling dunes in a 4x4 vehicle is about as authentically Arabian as it gets.
Departs: Abu Dhabi • Thu 04 Oct 2018
14 nights • Boudicca • D1821
Departs: Dover • Thu 03 Oct 2019
168 nights • Boudicca • D19GV
- A handpicked selection of spectacular islands; the legendary icons of incredible cities; remarkable historical, cultural and spiritual sites; an array of amazing wildlife; and awe-inspiring natural wonders: the ingredients of this 168-night, once-in-a-lifetime holiday are what cruise dreams are made of.
- Indulge in the sunshine and scenery of islands in the Canaries, the Indian Ocean, the Andaman and Indonesia, including the Seychelles and Bali; and encounter the flora and fauna of Madagascar, Komodo Island, the Great Barrier Reef and South African Game Reserves.
- Visit Porbandar, the birthplace of Gandhi, and Jerusalem on tour from Ashdod; uncover ancient sites such as the ‘lost city’ of Petra and Athens’ acropolis; marvel at the modern delights of Singapore and Dubai; and much more. Sydney’s famous New Year’s Eve celebrations are the pièce de résistance.
Departs: Cairns • Thu 09 Jan 2020
42 nights • Boudicca • D200103
- After visiting Alotau, Wewak and Madang to experience Papua New Guinea’s fascinating tribal culture and war history, you’re in for an unforgettable insight into Asia’s remarkable diversity as Boudicca guides you to a collection of contrasting destinations including gorgeous islands and energetic cities.
- You’ll discover magical Indonesian islands, including Komodo Island – home to the world’s largest lizard – and stunning Bali; enjoy an overnight stay in vibrant Singapore; taste paradise in Phuket; and in Myanmar, stop at Thilawa, gateway to the awe-inspiring Shwedagon Pagoda and sacred Bagan.
- A call at Colombo, the Sri Lankan capital, is followed by an immersive Indian exploration including two days at Kochi, allowing time for an overland tour to the Taj Mahal; an overnight in beautiful Goa; a full day in bustling Mumbai; and a call at Porbandar, birthplace of Gandhi – the ‘Father of India’.
From £7,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Benoa • Thu 23 Jan 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D200203
- For an unforgettable insight into Asia’s remarkable diversity, Boudicca will guide you to a collection of stunning destinations to present you with a taste of the contrasting sights and authentic experiences on offer in spectacular islands and cities across this incredible region.
- Uncover the unspoilt forests and beaches of Bali before setting sail, then sample a taste of modern Asia in Singapore; discover paradise in Phuket, with a chance to take a boat tour to Phang Nga Bay; and marvel at the awe-inspiring Shwedagon Pagoda during an overnight stay in Thilawa.
- Your time in India will include overnight stays in Kochi, for the famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets and a tour to the Taj Mahal, and charming Goa; a full-day to immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of Mumbai; and a call at Porbandar, birthplace of Gandhi – the ‘Father of India’.
From £3,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Colombo • Thu 06 Feb 2020
14 nights • Boudicca • D2003
- With Boudicca as your guide to exploring the many sides of India, you’ll take in an array of stunning destinations, inspirational sights and authentic experiences showcasing the remarkable diversity of one of the world’s most engrossing countries on this 14-night cruise.
- Stop overnight at Kochi for a chance to see the famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets or even take an overland tour to the iconic Taj Mahal; and spend two days docked at Mormugão, gateway to Old Goa and the UNESCO-listed Latin Quarter, highlighting India’s European-inspired heritage.
- Magnificent Mumbai’s mix of traditional and modern highlights, including the UNESCO-listed Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Railway Station and Dhobi Ghat, await you, while a visit to Porbandar – birthplace of Gandhi – offers a fascinating insight into India’s spiritual importance.
From £1,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Colombo • Thu 06 Feb 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D200304
- Visits to inspirational Indian, Arabia and ancient Middle Eastern destinations will present you with an array of authentic sights and experiences on this exciting cruise adventure, with traditional and modern delights, fascinating historical and spiritual sites, and much more awaiting your discovery.
- Your Indian exploration will include overnight stays in Kochi, for the famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets and a tour to the Taj Mahal, and charming Goa; a full-day to immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of Mumbai; and a call at Porbandar, birthplace of Gandhi – the ‘Father of India’.
- You’ll also have chances to explore the beautiful Musandam Fjords, see Muscat’s palaces and mosques, and discover the Lost City of Ubar in Oman; visit ancient Petra – one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World – in Jordan; and take tours to Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod, Israel.
From £4,599ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dubai • Thu 20 Feb 2020
28 nights • Boudicca • D200405
- Countless iconic and inspirational sights await you on this incredible cruise through Arabia, the Middle East and the Mediterranean aboard Remarkable ‘lost cities’, magnificent ancient wonders and fascinating holy sites are just a few of the highlights on this incredible journey.
- You could explore the beautiful Musandam Fjords, see Muscat’s palaces and mosques, and discover the Lost City of Ubar in Oman; visit ancient Petra – one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World – in Jordan; and take tours to Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod, Israel.
- In the Mediterranean, you can delve into Crete’s over 5000-year-old history and seek-out Athens’ iconic ancient wonders; delight in the sight of Valletta’s UNESCO-listed Grand Harbour in Malta; and uncover the attractions of three stunning Spanish cities, Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena and Malaga.
From £3,949ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dubai • Thu 20 Feb 2020
14 nights • Boudicca • D2004
- With chances to dig deeper and immerse yourself in centuries of extraordinary history at some of the world’s oldest, most famous and best-preserved ‘lost cities’ and holy sites, there’s much more to this exciting cruise than the ports listed on the itinerary.
- In Oman, you can explore the spectacular Musandam Fjords on a boat trip from Khasab; marvel at the mosques and palaces of Muscat; and discover the Lost City of Ubar on tour from Salalah. Another of Arabia’s lost cities also awaits you in Jordan; Aqaba is your gateway to spellbinding Petra.
- After a cruise along Egypt’s Suez Canal, Boudicca will also head to the beautiful Mediterranean Coast of Israel and call at Ashdod. Here you’ll be ideally located for tours to Jerusalem – a spiritual treasure for Jewish, Muslim and Christian pilgrim – and Bethlehem, birthplace of Jesus Christ.
From £2,599ppFares Explained | What's Included