Put simply, France is the promise of beautiful countryside, fine wines, stunning architecture, world-class galleries and museums and delicious food. The country represents a uniquely-refined chic that is especially true of its romantic capital, Paris, with its breathtaking monuments, charismatic Seine River and iconic history. [ReadMoreMob]
A cruise to France offers so much: vineyard tours, stunning beaches, soaring mountains and picture-perfect villages with cobbled streets, café terraces, cosy bistros, Bayeux Tapestries and the ubiquitous scene of people playing boules in shady squares.[ReadMoreDesk] From Joan of Arc’s Rouen to UNESCO-listed Bordeaux, the republic’s heritage is never far away. The medieval island of Mont St Michel has 60 national heritage sites alone and the maritime past of Normandy lives on in towns like Honfleur.
The intimate rhythm of French life will get under the skin of every visitor that doesn’t resist it. Everyday rituals get transformed into unforgettable experiences, be that a croissant outside a street café, a stroll through Monet’s lily gardens, or blowing the cobwebs away on a Brittany beach awash with Celtic history.
Of course, French gastronomy goes beyond just eating well. The experimental spirit of the French means there is always something appetising to discover and try. From the crêpes of Lorient to the Cognac of La Rochelle, the nation’s culinary delights are endless. All of that coupled with the warm welcome proffered by the locals makes any cruise to France an unforgettable adventure.
Cruises to France
River Cities and German Christmas Markets • S2231Save to favourites
- Visit Christmas Markets in Hamburg
- Sample wine, calvados & camembert in Honfleur
- Explore the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam
Easter on the River Seine • L2306Save to favourites
- Explore the medieval city of Rouen
- Enjoy a tour to the fascinating Eden Project
- Relax as Balmoral cruises the River Seine
Be the first to hear about our latest cruise deals by signing up to receive our emails.
French Rivers of Normandy and Bordeaux • L2308Save to favourites
- Discover the many historical sights of Bordeaux
- Relax as you cruise serenely along the River Seine
- From Rouen, perhaps visit Paris to see the Eiffel Tower
Islands of the Azores, Crossing the Path of the Solar Eclipse • T2406Save to favourites
- Explore volcanic sites in the Azores
- Look for whales and dolphins from Bolette with ORCA
- Cross the path of the fascinating Solar Eclipse