Put simply, France is the promise of beautiful countryside, fine wines, stunning architecture, world-class galleries and museums and delicious food. The country represents a uniquely-refined chic that is especially true of its romantic capital, Paris, with its breathtaking monuments, charismatic Seine River and iconic history. [ReadMoreMob]
A cruise to this noble European land offers so much: vineyard tours, stunning beaches, soaring mountains and picture-perfect villages with cobbled streets, café terraces, cosy bistros, Bayeux Tapestries and the ubiquitous scene of people playing boules in shady squares. From Joan of Arc’s Rouen to UNESCO-listed Bordeaux, the republic’s heritage is never far away. The medieval island of Mont St Michel has 60 national heritage sites alone and the maritime past of Normandy lives on in towns like Honfleur.
The intimate rhythm of French life will get under the skin of every visitor that doesn’t resist it. Everyday rituals get transformed into unforgettable experiences, be that a croissant outside a street café, a stroll through Monet’s lily gardens, or blowing the cobwebs away on a Brittany beach awash with Celtic history.
Of course, French gastronomy goes beyond just eating well. The experimental spirit of the French means there is always something appetising to discover and try. From the crêpes of Lorient to the Cognac of La Rochelle, the nation’s culinary delights are endless. All of that coupled with the warm welcome proffered by the locals makes any cruise to France an unforgettable adventure.
The wines of Bordeaux are the products of over 20 centuries of viticulture. From tasting in a traditional château to strolling among the green landscapes to exploring the museum of La Cité du Vin, there are many ways to enjoy these world-famous tipples.
Bordeaux UNESCO Listed City
Bordeaux's UNESCO-listed centre covers half of the city's entire area, from the pretty outer boulevards to the picturesque banks of the Garonne River. It is the largest urban heritage site in the world, boasting almost 500 listed public buildings.
Cruises to France
Cultural Cities of France & Spain • L2120Save to favourites
- An immersive journey of French and Spanish cities
- Capture Bordeaux’s arts, culture and wine heritage
- There’s a rare visit to Saint Malo and charming Honfleur
Rivers & Cities of France • T2117Save to favourites
- A mesmerising journey of discovery
- Sail the picturesque Gironde and Garonne rivers
- Visit the beautiful coast of Brittany for a rare call at Belle Ile
Island & Inland Wonders of France & Spain • S2116Save to favourites
- Enjoy an authentic taste of France and Spain
- Visit Bordeaux, famed for its Merlot and Saint Emilion wine
- On Brittany’s coast, tour to the famed town of Cancale
Wine Regions of Portugal, Spain & France • L2128Save to favourites
- Indulge yourself in the flavours of Portugal and France
- Join the celebrations at Madeira’s annual Wine Festival
- Visit the tropical gardens and landscapes of Madeira
French Cities & Spain • S2122Save to favourites
- A full-flavoured cruise of French cities and scenic cruising
- Borealis sails the Gironde and Garonne rivers to Bassens
- Visit La Pallice for La Rochelle, and St Malo on the Brittany coast
French Cities with the Seine • L2134Save to favourites
- An in-depth exploration of the beautiful River Seine
- Explore Normandy’s capital in search of the Cathédrale de Notre Dame
- Be charmed by Honfleur’s historic maritime city
Exploring European Cities • L2203Save to favourites
- Experience beautiful European cities at their uncrowded best
- Discover Antwerp’s highlights, such as the Diamond District
- Your small ship sails the Seine all the way to Rouen
Canaries & Portugal with Funchal Flower Parade • L2211Save to favourites
- Witness a fusion of floral colour on this springtime cruise
- Explore Madeira’s lush landscapes and tropical gardens
- Delight in the maritime history of La Coruña and Lisbon