Home to Gaelic-speaking descendants of Scottish settlers, the industrial town of Sydney is the ocean gateway to Cape Breton Island. With easy access to the highlands, the Bras D'Or Lakes and the Fortress Louisbourg National Park, Sydney is the perfect place to start your Nova Scotia adventure.
A guided tour of Old Sydney Town gives visitors the chance to visit the magnificent Fortress of Louisbourg,[ReadMoreMob] one of Canada’s National Historic Sites, the Alexander Graham Bell Museum and beautiful Baddeck a small yet enchanting village nearby. The Petersfield Provincial Park is also well worth visiting, thanks to the array of monuments from various cultural eras and fantastic views of the harbour.
Cruises to Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada in the Fall • S2226
- Cruise to Canada in the fall
- Experience Canadian beauty at its best during three days in Quebec province
- Revel in Newfoundland’s old world charm
American Waterways & Canada in the Fall • L2323
- Experience the splendour of North America’s East Coast
- Admire scenes of autumn-coloured woodlands
- Sail by the Statue of Liberty and spend two days in New York