The port city of Saguenay in Québec opens up the Saguenay Fjord Route; a spectacular two-mile waterway of mountains and rising cliffs protected by three National Parks. The mouth of the fjord is home to billions of krill, which attracts an abundance of whale species, including the Beluga Whale.
Saguenay is the union of a number of cities and townships and is known mostly for its electricity generation and timber and bauxite exportation. It is popular with the Québecois who enjoy hiking, kayaking and ice fishing on the glacier-carved fjord, or visiting the area’s fjordside villages where there is a decidedly French atmosphere and a touch of the old world charm. Local attractions include the fascinating glass-blowing workshop, the Fjord Museum and the Angora goat farm where artisans create traditional mohair garments.
Cruises to Saguenay
Canada in the Fall • S2321
- Explore Canada in the fall, as its landscapes bathe in hues of brown, yellow and red foliage
- Revel in the seasonal scenery of Quebec province’s beautiful national parks
- Take in the unspoilt landscapes of Newfoundland, and sail the fjord-like Saguenay River
Canada in the Fall Liverpool to Belfast Cruise • S2321BEL
- Uncover the natural beauty of Canada during fall
- Explore beautiful national parks during five days in Québec province
- Scenic cruise the fjord-like Saguenay River