Mamoudzou is the capital of Mayotte, a beautiful French overseas department in the Comoros Islands archipelago. Located on Grand-Terre, the main island of Mayotte, the city is a gateway to the region’s spectacular sights and cultural delights.
Boats dot Mamoudzou’s charming harbour, and the nearby Marché Couvert market sells fresh, local produce and handicrafts.[ReadMoreMob] Landmarks include the white minaret of Mtsapéré Mosque, and Notre-Dame de Fatima church, while the nearby beaches of Trévani and Plage du Phare are perfect spots to relax.
Situated in the Mozambique Channel of the western Indian Ocean, some 190 miles northwest of Madagascar, Mayotte is comprised of two beautiful islands: Grand-Terre and Petit-Terre. [ReadMore] A natural paradise, the island is home to the largest lagoon in the Indian Ocean, boasting over 250 different species of hard coral, schools of tropical fish, while turtles, dolphins and whales – all ripe for an unforgettable snorkelling or scuba diving adventure.
The wondrous landscape of Mayotte includes an amazing network of lush mangroves and humid rainforests. Grand-Terre features stunning volcanic landscapes, marked by deep ravines and soaring ancient peaks, and many hikers scale the spectacular heights of Mount Benara, Mount Mtsapere and Mount Combani.
Indian Ocean’s largest lagoon
The barrier reef surrounding Mayotte encloses a monumental lagoon. Within this outer reef is a fringing reef divided by mangroves, creating a diversity of habitats. Explore by snorkel or RIB boat and you may see dolphins, turtles, corals and colourful fish.
Cruises to Mamoudzou
Departs: Southampton • Thu 05 Nov 2020
140 nights • Boudicca • D20GV
- A holiday beyond your wildest dreams, this 140-night voyage to some of the world’s most iconic and intoxicating destinations offers authentic cultures and traditions, amazing wildlife, spectacular scenery and much more.
- Experience an exhilarating Asian exploration, to learn of samurais and geishas in Japan; explore the war-torn history of Vietnam; sample India’s engrossing hustle and bustle; and even celebrate New Year’s Eve in stunning Singapore.
- African adventures include chances to seek-out South Africa’s ‘Big Five’ game and Madagascar’s iconic flora and fauna; explore the colossal Namib Desert; marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza; and sail the impressive Suez Canal.
From £13,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Santa Cruz de Tenerife • Thu 12 Nov 2020
35 nights • Boudicca • D202829
- Seek-out the world’s largest desert, iconic landmarks and legendary wildlife in Africa; and sample paradise at a collection of idyllic Indian Ocean islands – all in just over a month – on this incredible holiday.
- You can experience an ultimate South African safari; encounter Madagascar’s famous fauna and flora; explore the Indian Ocean’s largest lagoon at Mayotte; and see the Seychelles giant land tortoises.
- You’ll also visit the sun-kissed Canaries and verdant Cape Verde; take in rarely-visited Ascension and St Helena; visit Namibia for the Namib Desert; and stop overnight in captivating Cape Town.
From £5,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Cape Town • Thu 03 Dec 2020
14 nights • Boudicca • D2029
- From seeking-out the ‘Big Five’ game on exhilarating safari adventures to exploring coral reefs teeming with colourful flora and fauna, enjoy unforgettable wildlife experiences on this cruise.
- Tour breathtaking South African game reserves; go in search Madagascar’s native wildlife, such as lemurs and chameleons; snorkel the Indian Ocean’s largest lagoon; and see the Seychelles’ giant land tortoises.
- What’s more, this incredible cruise also packs in the iconic landmarks of Cape Town; an opportunity to delve into Durban’s Indian-influenced heritage; and time to relax at picture-perfect beaches.
From £3,199ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Cape Town • Thu 03 Dec 2020
42 nights • Boudicca • D202930
- Chances to encounter incredible wildlife; discover paradise at idyllic islands; taste Far-Eastern culture; and see in the New Year in style make for an unforgettable end to 2020 and start to 2021.
- Seek-out South Africa’s ‘big game’ on exhilarating safari adventures; see Madagascar’s famous fauna and flora; marvel at the Indian Ocean’s largest lagoon in Mayotte; and meet giant land tortoises in the Seychelles.
- Spend Christmas Eve in Colombo and Christmas Day on board Boudicca, before visiting culture-rich Malaysia; being part of Singapore’s spectacular New Year’s Eve celebrations; and uncovering ancient castles, among countless other highlights, in Japan.
From £7,199ppFares Explained | What's Included