Cruising Gironde & Garonne Rivers
The beautiful River Garonne is possibly south-west France's most important river, and arguably one of the region's most picturesque too.
Serving a number of important towns and cities, including beautiful Bordeaux, the River Garonne flows through beautiful French countryside, presenting you with stunning views to enjoy from your smaller cruise ship.
Just upstream from Bordeaux, the Garonne meets the Dore River and forms Western Europe's largest estuary, the Gironde.
Cruises to Cruising Gironde & Garonne Rivers
Departs: Dover • Thu 08 Apr 2021
9 nights • Bolette • T2107
- Step on board Bolette for this nine-night French and Spanish city discovery and you’ll unravel the rewards of some of Europe’s most beautiful, culture rich regions.
- Visiting northern Spain’s Galicia, Asturias and Cantabria regions, you can marvel at unspoilt coastal scenes, uncover prehistoric caves, sample traditional regional flavours, see famous landmarks and much more.
- In France, visit the beautiful Normandy region and historic Honfleur; and take the chance to explore the rich history and wine heritage of enchanting Bordeaux.
From £1,249ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Thu 20 May 2021
8 nights • Braemar • M2111
- A medley of rewards awaits you, from fine wine and culinary delights to diverse architecture and art, as Braemar takes you closer to the highlights of four culture-rich cities in Spain & France.
- You’ll sail the gorgeous Gironde and Garonne rivers straight into Bordeaux, where you can explore the city’s UNESCO-listed centre and sample world-famous wine culture from the moment you step ashore.
- In Spain, visit Santander, gateway to many of Cantabria’s treasures; Avilés, for contrasting architectural gems and delicious Asturian cider; and La Coruña, the jewel in Galicia’s crown.
From £1,149ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Fri 02 Jul 2021
9 nights • Bolette • T2117
- Take in the scenic and city delights of gorgeous French region as Bolette guides you on a mesmerising journey of discovery.
- Sail the picturesque Gironde and Garonne rivers to Bassens and visit Bordeaux, where you can immerse yourself in local arts, culture and world-famous wine heritage.
- Visit the beautiful coast of Brittany for a rare call at Belle Ile and to discover the centuries-old treasure of St Malo or Mont St Michel; and, in Normandy, revel in the historic highlights of Cherbourg.
From £1,199ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Mon 19 Jul 2021
10 nights • Borealis • S2116
- Enjoy an authentic taste of France and Spain, visiting regions and destinations selected for links to famous food and drink.
- Visit Bordeaux, famed for its Medoc, Merlot and Saint Emilion wines – an overnight stay allows for a tour to an enchanting family-run vineyard, and see the city’s iconic sights too.
- On Brittany’s beautiful coast, you can tour to the famed oyster town of Cancale; while in Spain, Getxo and Avilés offer traditional Basque tapas, Rioja wines and sweet Asturian cider.
From £1,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Sun 26 Sep 2021
11 nights • Borealis • S2122
- A full-flavoured cruise adventure combining French city discovery and scenic cruising with an authentic taste of northern Spain.
- Borealis sails the picturesque Gironde and Garonne rivers to Bassens, your gateway to UNESCO-listed Bordeaux and some of France’s most famous countryside vineyards.
- Visit La Pallice for tours to historic La Rochelle too, and St Malo on the beautiful Brittany coast, plus delight in authentic flavours of Spain with traditional pintxos, Rioja and cider in Avilés and Getxo.
From £1,599ppFares Explained | What's Included