Superb hospitality, a fascinating culture and incredible scenery all make a cruise holiday to Thailand a ‘must do’ experience. The largest island, Phuket, is famous for its nightlife and beaches. Whether you want to try your hand at a few water sports, or prefer to laze around on the beach soaking up the sun, it's a tropical paradise you won’t want to leave. [ReadMoreMob]
Taking a cruise to the south of the country gives you the opportunity to dive into the bustle of Bangkok (Laem Chabang). This larger than life city blends the traditional and modern, with exotic temples rubbing shoulders with modern hotels and offices. Why not try some traditional Thai food such as Pad Thai, but watch out, it’s hot and spicy.
Whatever you decide to do on your cruise to Thailand, one thing is certain, you will love the spicy, aromatic cuisine, which is almost as warm as the welcome you will receive.
Phang Nga Bay
One of the most beautiful bays in Thailand, Phang Nga Bay is known for its sheer limestone karsts rising from the sea. The most famous is known as James Bond Island, affectionately named due to its prominence in The Man with the Golden Gun.
Traditional long tail boats are a common sight along the beaches of Thailand. Referred to by many as ‘the gondolas of the south’, their compact dimensions are perfect for exploring shallow bays, creeks, caves and passageways in the waters surrounding Phuket.
No less than 29 Buddhist temples can be found on Phuket, the largest and most revered being Wat Chalong where you can see a fragment of Buddha’s bone. Elsewhere, the huge marble statue, Big Buddha, towers over the island, offering stunning views.
Cruises to Thailand
Departs: Southampton • Thu 05 Nov 2020
140 nights • Boudicca • D20GV
- A holiday beyond your wildest dreams, this 140-night voyage to some of the world’s most iconic and intoxicating destinations offers authentic cultures and traditions, amazing wildlife, spectacular scenery and much more.
- Experience an exhilarating Asian exploration, to learn of samurais and geishas in Japan; explore the war-torn history of Vietnam; sample India’s engrossing hustle and bustle; and even celebrate New Year’s Eve in stunning Singapore.
- African adventures include chances to seek-out South Africa’s ‘Big Five’ game and Madagascar’s iconic flora and fauna; explore the colossal Namib Desert; marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza; and sail the impressive Suez Canal.
From £13,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Tokyo • Thu 14 Jan 2021
70 nights • Boudicca • D210105
- Experience a stunning 70-night voyage to some of the world's most fascinating and awe-inspring destinations, offering amazing wildlife, outstanding scenery and local cultures and traditions.
- Learn of historic Japanese events which changed history, explore the hustle and bustle of Singapore, relax on the beaches of Thailand or marvel at more than one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Explore the high-speed energy of Mumbai, or venture to Elephanta Island, set in lush green vegetation - a peaceful contrast to the commotion of inner Mumbai.
From £9,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Hong Kong • Thu 28 Jan 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210203
- With visits to breathtaking islands, vibrant metropolises and historic cities, you’ll experience the many sides of Asia uncovering unspoilt landscapes, stunning architecture and authentic cultures and rich history.
- Vietnamese highlights await in between visits to Hong Kong and Singapore, including chances to explore mesmerising Ha Long Bay on a boat tour and uncover Ho Chi Ming City’s fascinating war tales.
- Explore idyllic Thai and Indonesian islands, and then head to India to delve into Goa’s European heritage; immerse yourself in Mumbai’s legendary hustle and bustle; and perhaps tour to the iconic Taj Mahal from Kochi.
From £4,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Mon 18 Oct 2021
152 nights • Boudicca • D21GV
- This around the world voyage is an unforgettable discovery of spectacular islands, iconic cities, famous historical, cultural and spiritual sites, amazing wildlife and more.
- Taste Cuban life in Havana; indulge in the paradise of South Pacific Islands; learn of New Zealand’s Maori culture; and see Sydney’s icons, meet Koalas and celebrate New Year’s in Hobart.
- Encounter Bornean orangutans; delve into Vietnamese war history; explore Singapore and bustling Mumbai; seek-out Egyptian wonders; and even walk hallowed ground in Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
From £14,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Benoa • Tue 18 Jan 2022
30 nights • Boudicca • D220102
- Experience an unforgettable insight into Asia’s diversity, taking in the contrasting sights and authentic experiences on offer in remarkable Far-Eastern and Indian destinations.
- Discover untrodden beaches and forests in Bali; encounter orphaned orangutans in Borneo; delve into Vietnamese war history and Cambodian culture; and taste Asia at its most modern in Singapore.
- See famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets, and sample traditional flavours in Kochi; explore Goa’s rich European heritage; and immerse yourself in Mumbai’s legendary hustle and bustle.
From £4,899ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Benoa • Tue 18 Jan 2022
45 nights • Boudicca • D220103
- Experience an insight into Asia’s diversity at Far-Eastern and Indian destinations, and uncover some of the world’s greatest historic and holy sites in the Middle East.
- You could encounter Bornean orangutans; explore Vietnamese war history; see Asia at its most modern in Singapore; and immerse yourself in bustling Mumbai.
- After visiting spiritual Porbandar, you have chances to discover Egypt’s Valley of the Kings and Great Pyramids; explore the ‘lost city’ of Petra; and walk hallowed ground in Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
From £6,599ppFares Explained | What's Included