Forget the stereotypical sombreros and sleepy Gauchos, a cruise to Mexico really does offer something for everyone.The one thing you’ll expect to find are stunning beaches and you won’t be disappointed. Acapulco is world famous as being the playground of the rich and famous, but it’s not exclusively for them. It’s also home to brave cliff divers and a crazy nightlife. [ReadMoreMob]
Playa del Carmen is a quieter affair and also home to beautiful archaeological sites such as the Pyramid of Kulkulcan and the close by Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza.
One thing that really stands out in Mexico, apart from the warmth of the welcome you’ll get, is the delicious food. Tacos, tortillas and quesadillas are accompanied by spicy salsa and cooling guacamole and are best washed down with tequila, mescal or the local rum.One thing’s for certain, after taking a cruise holiday to Mexico once, you’ll definitely want to come back for more.
No visit to Mexico would be complete without exploring Chichen Itza, one of the most famous Mayan temple cities and visited sites in the country. Meaning ‘at the well of the Itza’, this pre-Colombian city was the political and economic centre of the Mayan civilisation. Today, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and its Pyramid of Kulkulcan was also voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
One of the most visited and best preserved archaeological sites in Mexico, Tulum is a walled Mayan city, perched on a cliff overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The only Mayan city built on the coast, Tulum is one of the most scenic archaeological sites in the region. The once-thriving city was built in the 13th century during the post-classical period, and it was one of the last cities to be inhabited by the Mayans.
Cozumel is one of the Caribbean’s top destinations for snorkelling, boasting stunning, crystal clear waters, which are filled with many reefs and a whole host of colourful tropical marine life.
Cruises to Mexico
Departs: Havana • Thu 20 Jan 2022
14 nights • Braemar • M2202
- Join Braemar for an epic journey taking in the cultural and historical highlights of stunning destinations in the Caribbean and the Americas.
- Port Royal is your gateway to Kingston, for a taste of quintessential Jamaican culture; and there’s time for an in-depth discovery of the fabled Cuban city of Havana.
- There are incredible Mayan ruins to uncover in Mexico and Belize; and a remarkable, ancient walled city is yours to explore at Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.
From £2,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Southampton • Tue 04 Jan 2022
79 nights • Bolette • T2201
- Immerse yourself in an intoxicating blend of history, culture and beauty as you discover iconic destinations and unforgettable highlights on an epic, in-depth exploration of Latin America.
- You can have a private mass at Rio’s legendary Christ the Redeemer; dance the tango in Buenos Aires; tour to magnificent Machu Picchu; and much more.
- Scenic cruising by Cape Horn; through the Chilean Fjords spectacular mountains and glaciers; and navigating the Panama Canal will create everlasting memories.
From £8,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Buenos Aires • Sat 29 Jan 2022
54 nights • Bolette • T220304
- With scenic cruising of incredible waterways and visits to stunning South and Central American destinations, you’re in for an expedition packed with highlights.
- Marvel at the spectacular scenes of Patagonia, the Andes and Chilean Fjords; take the chance to visit ancient Machu Picchu in Peru; and cruise the remarkable Panama Canal.
- Explore historic Costa Rican and Colombian cities; enjoy a taste of authentic Cuban life in Havana; uncover Cozumel’s Mayan ruins; and sample paradise in the Bahamas and Bermuda.
From £7,249ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Callao • Tue 22 Feb 2022
30 nights • Bolette • T2204
- Sailing from Peru back to the UK via captivating cities and beautiful islands in the Americas, you’re in for a holiday of lifetime discovering cultural, historic and scenic wonders galore.
- Begin with a memorable sailing of the magnificent Panama Canal, before Puerto Limón and Cartagena de Indias add Hispanic flair to the mix.
- Seek out Cozumel’s Mayan ruins and fauna-rich coral reefs; uncover the ancient sites of Belize City; and immerse yourself in the peace and paradise of the glorious Caribbean.
From £3,999ppFares Explained | What's Included