Discover Antigua in the Caribbean
Antigua is one of the islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda. It is quintessentially Caribbean, awash with candy-coloured villages, a rum-infused vibe and friendly locals that offer wide-smile welcomes.[ReadMoreMob]
Ringed with coral reefs in azure waters, Antigua is known for its sandy beaches – all 365 of them, making the island a top Caribbean cruise destination. This natural paradise is filled with vibrant flora and fauna, botanical parks and natural phenomenon, such as the Devil's Bridge, that demand exploration. [ReadMoreDesk]
There is a distinct English accent to the island, which boasts the attractive English Harbour and the magnificently restored Nelson’s Dockyard. Admiral Horatio Nelson made his base here in the 1780s, and the colonial-style capital, St John’s, includes a marina and the Dockyard Museum. Walking trails lead up to Shirley Heights, a former military lookout with panoramic views across the islands and bays.
Foodies will love the Antigua cruise experience, with copious amounts of fresh fish available with a smattering of meat and hearty stews. And what else, other than a glass of Caribbean rum, to wash it down? The warmth of the sun and the peaceful nature of the islanders is further enhanced by their infectious steel-drum music.
Antigua and Barbuda
For complete tranquillity, Antigua’s smaller, undeveloped neighbour, Barbuda, is literally one single, divine beach, making it the perfect place for a tropical escape. Barbuda is also home to the regions’ most significant Frigate bird sanctuaries, a natural bird watcher’s paradise.
Cruises to Antigua
Classic Caribbean Islands • S2324Save to favourites
- Cuisine, culture, natural beauty and breahtaking beaches - experience the best of the Caribbean
- Sample Caribbean rum in Barbados, and learn about cocoa and sugar cane farming in Grenada and St Kitts
- Relax on the sands of Antigua, witness the volcanic wonders of St Lucia and Dominica, and much more
Transatlantic voyage to the Islands of the Caribbean • M233031Save to favourites
- Enjoy Caribbean sunshine, scenery and Christmas celebrations
- Relax on beautiful beaches and discover volcanic lands
- Enjoy Christmas Day on board Braemar
Be the first to hear about our latest cruise deals by signing up to receive our emails.
Christmas in the Caribbean • M2331Save to favourites
- Celebrate the festive season in style in the Caribbean
- Sample Caribbean flavours and relax on golden beaches
- Experience a magical Christmas on Braemar
Islands of the Caribbean • M2402Save to favourites
- Recharge your batteries with Caribbean relaxation
- Experience Havana to the full, with time to explore
- Take in gorgeous Caribbean island scenery
Iconic Caribbean Islands • M2404Save to favourites
- Discover iconic Caribbean islands and their beauty
- Get a feel for Reggae and sample carnival atmospheres
- Highlights include two days in Havana