The Arts Society Tours with Fred. Olsen
Here, at award-winning Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, we feel it is a real privilege to undertake this wonderful joint venture with The Arts Society Tours. A number of your members and Accredited Lecturers have already experienced the Fred. Olsen difference and the benefits of smaller ship cruising on our four more intimate, classically-designed ocean ships: Balmoral, Boudicca, Black Watch and Braemar – and we look forward to welcoming you on board for many more exciting voyages to come!
The Arts Society Accredited Guest Lecturers
We are pleased to have secured an Accredited Lecturer of The Arts Society on all cruises listed below. These guest lecturers who are experts in their fields will provide a series of lectures on board as well as hosting selected shore tours and a private group drinks party. For more information regarding the guest lecturers, please click on the lecturer buttons below.
Exploring Australia and the Far East
5th March 2021 | 24 nights | Black Watch | W2105 | Fly-Cruise
- Diverse Australian cities combine with contrasting Asian destinations to serve up a diverse mix of highlights, from iconic landmarks and cultural delights to beautifully unspoilt landscapes and beaches.
- During your time ‘Down Under’, see Sydney’s world-famous attractions; enjoy a rare call at Burnie, Tasmania; explore fascinating Australian history in Albany; and delight in the cityscapes of Melbourne and Perth.
- Visits to the Indonesian islands of Java and Weh present culture-rich cities, spectacular temples and island interiors ripe for exploration, while an overnight stay in bustling Singapore offers an exciting change of pace.
Single room from £6,399pp
Andalusia & Lisbon
20th March 2021 | 12 nights | Braemar | M2106 | Sail from Southampton
- Cultural delights, traditional cuisine, spectacular scenery and striking architecture: Andalusia is bursting is with authentic highlights, and you’ll get closer to the very best of them aboard.
- You’ll sail the gorgeous, size-restricted Guadalquivir River to the heart of Seville, where a feast of historical and architectural gems such as Alcázar Palace, traditional tapas and sultry flamenco awaits.
- There’s also visits to Malaga, overflowing with aesthetic and cultural treasures; and Cádiz, for fascinating ancient sites, beautiful coastal scenery, tempting tapas and tours to Jerez – ‘sherry capital of the world’.
Single room from £2,499pp
Fjords & Falls of Fred. Olsen’s Homeland
15th June 2021 | 8 nights | Boudicca | D2115 | Sail from Dover
- Experience the scenic splendour of size-restricted fjords, discovering natural wonders that larger ships can’t access on smaller, friendlier Boudicca.
- See the imposing mountains and countryside scenes of Akrafjord and Karmsund; magnificent Langfoss Waterfall; and be spellbound by the eerie peace and spectacular beauty of Nærøyfjord.
- Ride the iconic Flåmsbana and Rauma railways from Flåm and Andalsnes, to see the fjordland from a different perspective; explore historic Stavanger; and tour to the awe-inspiring Briksdal Glacier and Lovatnet Lake from Olden.
Single room from £1,999pp
Loughs, Isles & Iconic Sites of Ireland
3rd August 2021 | 9 nights | Braemar | M2119 | Sail from Southampton
- Circumnavigating the ‘Emerald Isle’, taking in scenic and city highlights along the way, makes for an immersion into Ireland’s incredible beauty and rich culture.
- Scenic cruising on small ship Braemar will be unforgettable; you’ll navigate the spectacular Killary Fjord and Lough Swilly, see the mighty Cliffs of Moher and much more.
- Ashore, Cobh and Belfast display seafaring heritage and links to Titanic; Galway offers seafood and medieval history; and there are iconic highlights aplenty to uncover in Dublin.
Single room from £2,399pp
Rivers and Cities of France & Seville
2nd September 2021 | 14 nights | Braemar | M2123 | Sail from Southampton
- Experience what makes cruising with Fred. Olsen so special, with unforgettable scenic cruising and cultural city discovery, made possible by Braemar’s smaller size.
- Sailing the Seine and Loire rivers presents views of the beautiful French countryside and charming communes, while plenty of highlights await ashore at Rouen and Nantes, gateway to the Loire Valley vineyards.
- The Guadalquivir River is your picture-perfect route into the heart of Seville, where fine architecture, abundant cultural delights and sultry flamenco dancing awaits.
Single room from £3,399pp
Swedish Waterways & Delights of Denmark
11th September 2021 | 10 nights | Boudicca | D2122 | Sail from Dover
- This Swedish showcase makes for a very special holiday, mixing the highlights of the culture-rich capital with the beauty of exquisite waterways.
- Experience the sheer wonder of the idyllic west coast fjords and incredible Stockholm Archipelago; and enjoy an in-depth exploration of Stockholm, with its fantastic museums, monuments and palaces.
- Copenhagen – home to some of Denmark’s most iconic sights – adds Danish delights into the mix, while there are rare-visits to lesser known Skagen and Trelleborg too.
Single room from £2,349pp
Spain's Undiscovered Gems
21st September 2021 | 14 nights | Boudicca | D2123 | Sail from Dover
- Away from well-trodden tourist routes, a trio of lesser-known, undiscovered gems will offer a rarely experienced taste of Spanish history and culture.
- Castellón de la Plana, Motril and Vilagarcia de Arousa seamlessly mix old and new, with their centuries-old highlights, trendy cafés, shops, bars and vibrant, bustling squares.
- You’re in for easy, enriching explorations of Cádiz, Mahon – the Menorcan capital – and Cartagena too; Boudicca docks closer to the heart and historic highlights of these beautiful, fascinating cities.
Single room from £3,429pp
30th September 2021 | 12 nights | Balmoral | L2130 | Sail from Newcastle
- With fewer sightseers around, you can experience an immersive and more relaxing exploration of captivating Baltic cities outside of peak season.
- Smaller crowds and queues in St Petersburg allow more time and space to see the city’s spectacular sights, and experience the magic of Russian ballet, during an overnight stay.
- Explore Tallinn’s enchanting Old Town and meet local bell ringers at one of its historic churches; wander charming Riga; and taste authentic Scandinavian culture in Copenhagen and Gothenburg.
Single room from £2,899pp
Cultural Caribbean Discovery
20th January 2022 | 14 nights | Braemar | M2202 | Fly-Cruise
- Join Braemar in the Dominican Republic for an epic journey taking in the cultural and historical highlights of stunning destinations in the Caribbean and the Americas.
- Port Royal is your gateway to Kingston, for a taste of quintessential Jamaican culture; and there’s time for an in-depth discovery of the fabled Cuban city of Havana.
- There are incredible Mayan ruins to uncover in Mexico and Belize; and a remarkable, ancient walled city is yours to explore at Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.
Single room from £3,599
2nd February 2022 | 15 nights | Boudicca | D2202 | Fly-Cruise
- Uncovering contrasting traditional and modern highlights, spiritual sights and areas of natural beauty will showcase India at its most inspirational, authentic and iconic.
- Immerse yourself in the everyday life of bustling Mumbai, revelling in the city’s legendary hustle and bustle; and capture the spiritual importance of Porbandar – birthplace of Gandhi.
- See Kochi’s famous cantilever fishing nets and stunning synagogue; delve into the European history of Goa; and taste the intense, taste bud-tingling spicy flavours of traditional Indian cuisine.
Single room from £4,499
Ancient Civilisations & Landmarks
17th February 2022 | 15 nights | Boudicca | D2203 | Fly-Cruise
- Immerse yourself in centuries of extraordinary history, as you uncover some of the world’s greatest historic and holy sites.
- In Egypt, you can explore the extraordinary Valley of the Kings and marvel at the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, on tours from Safaga and Alexandria respectively, and experience a navigation of the Suez Canal.
- You’ll be afforded an opportunity to see the ancient tombs, archways and temples of Petra’s ‘Lost City’ in Jordan, while in Israel hallowed Jerusalem and Bethlehem await.
Single room from £3,999
Croatia, Italy & Montenegro
1st April 2022 | 12 nights | Braemar | M2207 | Fly-Cruise
- Discover beautiful, historic regions nestled along gorgeous Adriatic coastline, as smaller-scaled Braemar takes you closer to destinations in Croatia, Italy and Montenegro.
- Experience scenic cruising of the fjord-like Bay of Kotor; explore Kotor’s beautifully preserved medieval centre; and discover the historic delights of UNESCO-listed Dubrovnik and Split.
- Visiting Venice is an undoubted highlight; you’ll get to see iconic landmarks and ride a gondola on the famous canals, and even visit the charming, laid-back fishing town of Chioggia.
Single room from £2,999
For bookings & enquiries, or to order a Fred. Olsen brochure please call our
Reservations Team on 0800 0355 116, quoting the Arts Society code AFN0001
Terms & Conditions
Fares are per person, based on twin occupancy of the lead-in twin cabin, subject to availability. All pricing is capacity controlled, subject to availability. Offers may be amended or withdrawn at any time without prior notice, are subject to availability & cannot be applied retrospectively. All bookings are subject to Fred. Olsen's standard terms & conditions, available here on our website & on request. Some ports may be at anchor, intermediate days are at sea. FOCL reserve the right to amend itineraries for operational reasons.
The free on board spend credit is per person, based on the specified amounts. The on board spend credit is automatically applied to guests on board ship accounts and cannot be transferred, refunded, or exchanged for cash.
All Inclusive Upgrade offer covers selected beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks, subject to availability. Tours, tips, premium drinks, medical facilities and other optional spend, during travel to the ship and while on board, are not included. Any additional expenditure will need to be paid separately. All Inclusive Upgrade Package must be booked at least 8 days prior to departure.
The Arts Society free group drinks party on board operates subject to minimum numbers & includes house wines, sherry, soft drinks & cold canapés. To be hosted by the group leader. All Arts Society members bookings to be made under the Arts Society account code AFN0001. Arts Society guest lecturers are correct at the time of going to print June 2020 & may be subject to change.