The Arts Society Tours with Fred. Olsen
Here, at award-winning Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, we feel it is a real privilege to undertake this wonderful joint venture with The Arts Society Tours. A number of your members and Accredited Lecturers have already experienced the Fred. Olsen difference and the benefits of smaller ship cruising on our four more intimate, classically-designed ocean ships: Balmoral, Bolette, Borealis and Braemar – and we look forward to welcoming you on board for many more exciting voyages to come!
The Arts Society Accredited Guest Lecturers
We are pleased to have secured an Accredited Lecturer of The Arts Society on all cruises listed below. These guest lecturers who are experts in their fields will provide a series of lectures on board as well as hosting selected shore tours and a private group drinks party. For more information regarding the guest lecturers, please click on the lecturer buttons below.
Fjords & Falls of Fred. Olsen’s Homeland
15th June 2021 | 8 nights | Bolette | T2115 | Sail from Dover
- Experience the scenic splendour of size-restricted fjords, discovering natural wonders that larger ships can’t access on smaller, friendlier Bolette.
- See the imposing mountains and countryside scenes of Akrafjord; magnificent Langfoss Waterfall; and be spellbound by the eerie peace and spectacular beauty of Nærøyfjord.
- Ride the iconic Flåmsbana and Rauma railways from Flåm and Andalsnes, to see the fjordland from a different perspective; experience fjord kayaking at Eidfjord; and tour to the awe-inspiring Briksdal Glacier and Lovatnet Lake from Olden.
Single room from £1,999pp
Lochs & Legends of Scotland
29th Jul 2021 | 8 nights | Borealis | S2117 | Sail from Liverpool
- Create memories that last a lifetime as you sail Scottish Lochs on a smaller ship – the best way to experience the beauty and tranquillity of this astonishing part of the world.
- See mighty Ben Nevis in Loch Linnhe and Beinn Ghobhlach towering over Little Loch Broom; Loch Fyne; Fingal Cave’s basalt columns and more.
- Ashore, your call at Fort William could coincide with the annual Lochaber Highland Games, while legendary historic sites, from castles to Neolithic treasures, await you too.
Single room from £2,899pp
Swedish Waterways & Delights of Denmark
11th September 2021 | 10 nights | Boletta | T2122 | Sail from Dover
- This Swedish showcase makes for a very special holiday, mixing the highlights of the culture-rich capital with the beauty of exquisite waterways.
- Experience the sheer wonder of the idyllic fjords, waterways and the incredible Stockholm Archipelago; and enjoy an in-depth exploration of Stockholm, with its fantastic museums, monuments and palaces.
- Copenhagen – home to some of Denmark’s most iconic sights – adds Danish delights into the mix, while there are rare-visits to lesser known Lysekil and Trelleborg too.
Single room from £2,399pp
Spain's Undiscovered Gems
21st September 2021 | 14 nights | Boletta | T2123 | Sail from Dover
- Away from well-trodden tourist routes, a trio of lesser-known, undiscovered gems will offer a rarely experienced taste of Spanish history and culture.
- Castellón de la Plana, Motril and Vilagarcia de Arousa seamlessly mix old and new, with their centuries-old highlights, trendy cafés, shops, bars and vibrant, bustling squares.
- You’re in for easy, enriching explorations of Cádiz, Mahon – the Menorcan capital – and Cartagena too; discover the very heart and historic highlights of these beautiful, fascinating cities.
Single room from £3,429pp
30th September 2021 | 12 nights | Balmoral | L2130 | Sail from Newcastle
- With fewer sightseers around, you can experience an immersive and more relaxing exploration of captivating Baltic cities outside of peak season.
- Smaller crowds and queues in St Petersburg allow more time and space to see the city’s spectacular sights, and experience the magic of Russian ballet, during an overnight stay.
- Explore Tallinn’s enchanting Old Town and meet local bell ringers at one of its historic churches; wander charming Riga; and taste authentic Scandinavian culture in Copenhagen and Gothenburg.
Single room from £2,899pp
French Cities with the Seine
- An in-depth exploration of the beautiful River Seine, featuring scenic river cruising and extended calls at two enchanting cities.
- A two-night stay in Rouen affords plenty of time to explore Normandy’s capital in search of the Gothic-style Cathédrale de Notre Dame, Place du Vieux Marché and much more; though you may opt to tour to nearby Paris.
- With time to explore Honfleur – with its 16th century cobbled streets, delightful timber-fronted structures and colourful harbour – to the full, you’re sure to charmed by this historic maritime city.
Single room from £1,099pp
Cultural Caribbean Discovery
20th January 2022 | 14 nights | Braemar | M2202 | Fly-Cruise
- Join Braemar for an epic journey taking in the cultural and historical highlights of stunning destinations in the Caribbean and the Americas.
- Port Royal is your gateway to Kingston, for a taste of quintessential Jamaican culture; and there’s time for an in-depth discovery of the fabled Cuban city of Havana.
- There are incredible Mayan ruins to uncover in Mexico and Belize; and a remarkable, ancient walled city is yours to explore at Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.
Single room from £3,819
Emirates to the Med via the Suez Canal
25th Mar 2022 | 23 nights | Borealis | S2206 | Fly-Cruise
- Incredible destinations across seven countries in Arabia, the Middle East and the Mediterranean will each captivate you in their own unique, unforgettable way on this enriching voyage of exploration.
- Visits to immersive destinations in the United Arab Emirates kick-off your voyage; see the Burj Khalifa in Dubai and revel in the contrasting highlights of magnificent Abu Dhabi and charming
- Hallowed sites await in Jordan and Israel, including the ‘Lost City’ of Petra, Jerusalem and Bethlehem, while you’ll also sail Egypt’s Suez Canal, and discover the delights of sun-kissed Cypriot, Maltese and Spanish cities.
Single room from £4,599
Black Sea Discovery & Mediterranean Adventure
Single room from £7,699
Croatia, Italy & Montenegro
1st April 2022 | 12 nights | Braemar | M2207 | Fly-Cruise
- Discover beautiful, historic regions nestled along gorgeous Adriatic coastline, as smaller-scaled Braemar takes you closer to destinations in Croatia, Italy and Montenegro.
- Experience scenic cruising of the fjord-like Bay of Kotor; explore Kotor’s beautifully preserved medieval centre; and discover the historic delights of UNESCO-listed Dubrovnik and Split.
- Visiting Venice is an undoubted highlight; you’ll get to see iconic landmarks and ride a gondola on the famous canals, and even visit the charming, laid-back fishing town of Chioggia.
Single room from £2,999
For bookings & enquiries, or to order a Fred. Olsen brochure please call our
Reservations Team on 0800 0355 116, quoting the Arts Society code AFN0001
Terms & Conditions
Fares are per person, based on twin occupancy of the lead-in twin cabin, subject to availability. All pricing is capacity controlled, subject to availability. Offers may be amended or withdrawn at any time without prior notice, are subject to availability & cannot be applied retrospectively. All bookings are subject to Fred. Olsen's standard terms & conditions, available here on our website & on request. Some ports may be at anchor, intermediate days are at sea. FOCL reserve the right to amend itineraries for operational reasons.
The free on board spend credit is per person, based on the specified amounts. The on board spend credit is automatically applied to guests on board ship accounts and cannot be transferred, refunded, or exchanged for cash.
All Inclusive Upgrade offer covers selected beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks, subject to availability. Tours, tips, premium drinks, medical facilities and other optional spend, during travel to the ship and while on board, are not included. Any additional expenditure will need to be paid separately. All Inclusive Upgrade Package must be booked at least 8 days prior to departure.
The Arts Society free group drinks party on board operates subject to minimum numbers & includes house wines, sherry, soft drinks & cold canapés. To be hosted by the group leader. All Arts Society members bookings to be made under the Arts Society account code AFN0001. Arts Society guest lecturers are correct at the time of going to print October 2020 & may be subject to change.