Sitting at the end of the world's longest fjord, Skjolden is considered one of the world's most breath-taking destinations, overlooked by soaring mountains and dramatic cliffs. Beautiful Skjolden is perfectly placed as a gateway to the Jotunheimen Mountains and Jostedalsbreen, mainland Europe's largest glacier.
Skjolden offers a slice of genuine Norwegian hospitality and nature beyond imagination; it is also home of Urnes Stave Church, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Feigum Waterfalls – the most spectacular in Norway, are equally unmissable.
Ludwig Wittgenstein lived and worked in Skjolden in the early 20th century. Considered by some to be the greatest philosopher of his era, Wittgenstein continues to influence western thinking in logic and language, ethics and religion, and he wrote many of his most influential works when he stayed here.
Cruises to Skjolden
Scenic Views of Norway's Iconic Fjords • L2121
- Lose yourself in the dramatic scenery of the waterways
- Be charmed by the countryside scenes of Langfjorden
- Chances to see breathtaking waterfalls and glaciers up close
Five-Night Fjords • L2123
- An unforgettable exploration of the beautiful fjordland
- Immerse yourself in the postcard-perfect beauty
- Step ashore and explore the spellbinding Jostedalen Valley
Spellbinding Fjords of Norway • S2118
- Be captivated by the breathtaking beauty of Norway’s fjordland
- See Mother Nature’s work at its most spectacular
- Discover sights and attractions of highlight destinations
Spellbinding Fjords of Norway • L2127
- See Norway at its most iconic and awe-inspiring
- Marvel at postcard-perfect scenes of lush valleys
- Discover astounding natural beauty ashore