With quaint red and orange buildings scattered along its picturesque harbour, Lysekil has a distinctly ‘homely’ feel from the moment you call into the town.
Although small, Lysekil still has a number of attractions which are well worth a visit, such as the charming church from 1901,[ReadMoreMob] the Havets Hus aquarium and the Vikarvets Museum which delves into the history of the town’s stonemasonry and fishing industries.
Lysekil did in fact begin as a tiny fishing village, and today delicious, locally caught seafood such as crabs and mackerel can still be enjoyed in many fantastic restaurants.
Situated at the mouth of the beautiful Gullmarn Fjord, Lysekil is also a popular with keen kayakers and scuba divers, as the waters here are clear and still. Why not have a go yourself, or perhaps take a boat tour to appreciate the fjord’s scenery.
Cruises to Lysekil
Swedish Waterways with a Taste of Denmark • T2122
- This Swedish showcase makes for a very special cruise
- Experience the sheer wonder of the idyllic fjords
- Copenhagen adds Danish delights into the mix
Scenic Swedish Waterways • L2226
- Sail through the archipelagos of Stockholm and Gothenburg
- Admire the picturesque fjords of western Sweden
- Visit the islands of Visby and Gotland