With quaint red and orange buildings scattered along its picturesque harbour, Lysekil has a distinctly ‘homely’ feel from the moment you call into the town.
Although small, Lysekil still has a number of attractions which are well worth a visit, such as the charming church from 1901,[ReadMoreMob] the Havets Hus aquarium and the Vikarvets Museum which delves into the history of the town’s stonemasonry and fishing industries.
Lysekil did in fact begin as a tiny fishing village, and today delicious, locally caught seafood such as crabs and mackerel can still be enjoyed in many fantastic restaurants.
Situated at the mouth of the beautiful Gullmarn Fjord, Lysekil is also a popular with keen kayakers and scuba divers, as the waters here are clear and still. Why not have a go yourself, or perhaps take a boat tour to appreciate the fjord’s scenery.
Cruises to Lysekil
Departs: Rosyth (Edinburgh) • Thu 28 May 2020
11 nights • Balmoral • L2011
- Combining visits to captivating destinations with explorations of beautiful fjords and archipelagos, this very special cruise is the perfect way to appreciate Sweden’s spellbinding scenic beauty and cultural pleasures.
- You’ll enjoy an extended stay in Stockholm, with ample time to uncover the capital’s churches, canals and historical sites, and sail through the sprawling Stockholm Archipelago – an unforgettable cruising experience.
- Sailing the Swedish fjords will present scenes to savour too, while visits to the UNESCO-listed Visby and Gothenburg – rich in absorbing museums, gardens and picturesque waterways – make for rewarding explorations.
From £1,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Fri 24 Jul 2020
11 nights • Boudicca • D2019
- Discover the very best that Sweden has to offer on this very special summertime sailing that combines diverse destinations with breathtaking waterways to present you with a plethora of cultural, historical and scenic highlights.
- You’ll revel in the idyllic scenes of west-coast fjords; delight in the medieval gems of Helsingborg and UNESCO-listed Visby; and uncover a harmonious mix of old and new treasures in classically Swedish Malmö.
- The main event is an overnight stay in stunning Stockholm, affording time to take in the capital’s many museums, palaces and historic districts at leisure, before enjoying a memorable exploration of the sprawling Stockholm Archipelago.
From £1,599ppFares Explained | What's Included