Search frequently asked questions
What security checks should I expect?
Depending on the port, a security check in line with the Department for Transport’s regulations will be carried out.
At check-in you will receive a cabin key which acts as your pass and on board account for the full duration of the cruise. Each time you embark or disembark the vessel your key must be handed into Reception.
The Merchant Shipping Act prohibits the carrying of certain items on board ship, which include:
- All firearms and ammunition, sporting weapons, replica firearms, and explosives of any kind
- Knives and other sharp bladed items (including pen knives)
- Flammable substances (petrol, methylated spirit, paint thinners etc)
- Items containing incapacitating substances that could be used to maim or disable, such as gas cylinders, unless they form part of a ladies hairdressing kit
- Any other item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon
For flights, a list of prohibited items will be detailed with your flight details. Please bear in mind that security on your flight and at the airport will be extremely tight.
Thank you for your feedback