The Netherlands may be one of the smallest countries in Europe; but that’s not to say that it isn’t among the most captivating destinations on the continent. What the land of windmills, tulips and canals lacks in size, it more than makes up for with its rural scenic beauty, historic highlights and engrossing culture.
Mile-upon-mile of fertile flatland countryside; stunning cities renowned for their artistic, cultural and architectural treasures; and charming centuries-old towns await your discovery here, within an area that is no larger than some US states. Journey through the Netherlands on a Fred. Olsen river cruise and you can experience the very best of this remarkable country. [ReadMore]
The world-famous attractions of Amsterdam, such as the Royal Palace, Anne Frank House, the magnificent Rijksmuseum and the Keukenhof tulip gardens, and the modern architectural marvels of Rotterdam, including the Erasmusbrug Bridge, innovate Cube Houses and futuristic Markthal are yours to discover with Brabant as your guide.
You can delve into the country’s incredible history too, during stops at fascinating towns and cities such as the fortified, 9th century city of Deventer; the ancient cities of Schoonhoven and Dordrecht; and Hoorn, a gem of the Dutch ‘Golden Age’. There are even opportunities to see the iconic windmills of UNESCO-listed Kinderdjik; and enjoy scenic cruising along the Ijssel River, by Fort Pannerden and by picturesque Zutphen.
Interested in booking one of our river cruises? Why not have a look at our latest Feefo trusted reviews for our river cruises and see what other guests have said about their experience.
Cruises to Netherlands
Departs: Amsterdam • Thu 08 Apr 2021
9 nights • Brabant • R2101
- Delight in the seasonal splendour of Dutch towns, cities and gardens – with iconic tulips the star of the show – on this enriching spring break.
- Uncover tales of the Netherlands’ Golden Age in Hoorn; learn of life in bygone eras at Arnhem’s Open Air Museum; and tour to Maxfeldt Historical Gardens from Kampen.
- Enjoy a taste of modern Holland in energetic Rotterdam and explore Dordrecht’s historic centre, before returning to Amsterdam for a tour to the iconic Keukenhof Tulips Gardens.
Departs: Amsterdam • Sat 17 Apr 2021
7 nights • Brabant • R2102
- Where will Brabant sail to on this unique mystery river cruise? The only way to find out the itinerary for this memorable and rewarding adventure is to join us on board.
- Whichever rivers you sail, there will be interesting and immersive destinations packed with highlights to discover and explore.
- We can tell you that you’ll sail from Amsterdam to Cologne, and get to enjoy all the comfort, food, entertainment and conversation on your smaller-sized ship along the way.