The Netherlands may be one of the smallest countries in Europe; but that’s not to say that it isn’t among the most captivating destinations on the continent. What the land of windmills, tulips and canals lacks in size, it more than makes up for with its rural scenic beauty, historic highlights and engrossing culture.
Mile-upon-mile of fertile flatland countryside; stunning cities renowned for their artistic, cultural and architectural treasures; and charming centuries-old towns await your discovery here, within an area that is no larger than some US states. Journey through the Netherlands on a Fred. Olsen river cruise and you can experience the very best of this remarkable country. [ReadMore]
The world-famous attractions of Amsterdam, such as the Royal Palace, Anne Frank House, the magnificent Rijksmuseum and the Keukenhof tulip gardens, and the modern architectural marvels of Rotterdam, including the Erasmusbrug Bridge, innovate Cube Houses and futuristic Markthal are yours to discover with Brabant as your guide.
You can delve into the country’s incredible history too, during stops at fascinating towns and cities such as the fortified, 9th century city of Deventer; the ancient cities of Schoonhoven and Dordrecht; and Hoorn, a gem of the Dutch ‘Golden Age’. There are even opportunities to see the iconic windmills of UNESCO-listed Kinderdjik; and enjoy scenic cruising along the Ijssel River, by Fort Pannerden and by picturesque Zutphen.
Interested in booking one of our river cruises? Why not have a look at our latest Feefo trusted reviews for our river cruises and see what other guests have said about their experience.
Cruises to Netherlands
Departs: Amsterdam • Mon 06 Apr 2020
10 nights • Brabant • R2001
- Revel in the Netherlands’ springtime splendour on a rewarding 10-night break packing in the seasonal and cultural delights of charming towns and cities, beautiful waterways and countryside scenes.
- You can delve into the ‘Golden Age’ heritage of Hoorn and Enkuizen; learn of life in bygone eras at a fantastic Open Air Museum in Arnhem; see Kinderdijk’s iconic windmills; and tour to the Maxfeldt Historical Gardens from Kampen.
- Rotterdam adds futuristic twist, while there’s a visit to Antwerp for chocolates and diamonds too, all before a call at Amsterdam affords a chance to see the vibrant tulips of the Keukenhof Gardens in full bloom.
Departs: Amsterdam • Thu 16 Apr 2020
10 nights • Brabant • R2002
- From magnificent, majestic fortresses to preserved medieval centres and landmarks from World War II, the highlights of this absorbing journey through Germany present fascinating history at every turn.
- You can visit the site of the infamous Battle of Remagen, and the remains of the iconic Ludendorff Bridge; take a cable car to the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress in Koblenz; and stop by Rüdesheim’s sobering Hindenburg Bridge.
- There are chances to explore the beautifully preserved historic hearts of UNESCO-listed Bamburg and Regensburg – Germany’s ‘medieval miracle’ – too, while you’ll also experience stunning scenic cruising of narrow canals and beautiful valleys.