Valparaiso boasts many staircases and lifts which are now considered historic features of this wonderful port. The funicular railways carry visitors high up into the hills to enjoy the astonishing views over the historic streets and narrow winding lanes below. This fantastic experience has been considered a historic feature of the city and is a real 'must-do' on a visit to the city.
Alongside historic buildings and charming alleyway-shops, It’s not unusual to stumble across splashes of artwork when exploring the centre of Valparaiso, making this port a very colourful and visually stunning place to be.[ReadMoreMob] You will also notice the style of architecture isn’t always consistent; there are many varied styles, modern and traditional Chilean.
Cruises to Valparaiso
Latin America with the Chilean Fjords • T2201
- Discover iconic destinations & unforgettable highlights
- Dance the tango in Buenos Aires and much more.
- Scenic cruising by Cape Horn
South America with the Chilean Fjords • T220203
- Visit one of the world’s most intoxication regions
- Discover iconic sights and sounds of Rio de Janeiro
- Experience scenic cruising of astonishing Chilean Fjords
Discovering Patagonia & the Chilean Fjords • T2203
- Join a magical journey of Patagonian explore
- Seek-out mesmerising beauty amongst snow-capped mountains
- Navigate the spectacular glacier-laden Chilean Fjords
Patagonia, Central America & the Panama Canal • T220304
- Scenic cruising of incredible waterways
- Marvel at the spectacular scenes of Patagonia
- Explore historic Costa Rican and Colombian cities