Sweden’s southernmost town, and one of the country’s most charming, Trelleborg combines a wonderful mix of old and new.[ReadMoreMob] Today, the town provides an important link between Sweden and the rest of Europe, with its busy commercial harbour and port, and is known for its art and culture, but it is actually most famous for its rich Viking history.
Trelleborg is home to the impressive Trelleborgen, the only reconstruction of a Viking-age ring castle on Swedish soil. Built on the remains of the town’s original Viking fort, using some of the materials excavated from the site during archaeological digs, Trelleborgen is a fascinating insight into Sweden’s Viking history and a ‘must-visit’ attraction.
Aside from the famous fortress, Trelleborg’s other highlights include its beautiful gardens, palm-lined avenue – the only one of its type in Sweden, and a great variety of shopping, from trendy boutiques to artisan markets, plus a number of insightful and inspirational museums.
Cruises to Trelleborg
Departs: Southampton • Sat 03 Jul 2021
13 nights • Braemar • M2116
- With the ability to sail to the heart of captivating cities, smaller-sized Braemar brings you closer to some of the Baltic’s iconic sights, as well as a few lesser-known gems.
- You’ll dock centrally in Copenhagen, close to the Danish capital’s highlights; and in sight of golden domes and spires in St Petersburg, tempting you ashore to explore.
- Take chances to explore rarely-visited Świnoujście and pretty Trelleborg; enjoy scenic cruising of the gorgeous Kiel Canal; plus, immerse yourself in fairytale-esque Tallinn.
From £1,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Sat 11 Sep 2021
10 nights • Bolette • T2122
- This Swedish showcase makes for a very special holiday, mixing the highlights of the culture-rich capital with the beauty of exquisite waterways.
- Experience the sheer wonder of the idyllic fjords, waterways and the incredible Stockholm Archipelago; and enjoy an in-depth exploration of Stockholm, with its fantastic museums, monuments and palaces.
- Copenhagen – home to some of Denmark’s most iconic sights – adds Danish delights into the mix, while there are rare-visits to lesser known Lysekil and Trelleborg too.
From £1,399ppFares Explained | What's Included