Townsville is a vibrant region that encompasses beautiful coastal towns, rainforests, rugged Outback and country terrain. But the appeal of this lovely region expands further from the city of Townsville.
To the east sprawls the Great Barrier Reef, one of the seven wonders of the natural world, and it isn’t hard to see why.[ReadMoreMob] It is larger than the Great Wall of China and is the only living thing on earth visible from space. To the west of Townsville you will find the vast outback while to the north stands lush rainforest, while in the city centre you will find the world renowned Reef HQ - the world's largest living coral reef aquarium - the Billabong Sanctuary, where you can learn all about Australia's fascinating wildlife, and many other cultural and heritage attractions.
The world's largest living coral aquarium, this is considered one of the top aquariums in the South Pacific and is home to thousands of marine creatures in addition to the huge coral reef exhibit.
A wildlife park located in Nome, these 25 acres of natural bushland are home to koalas, kangaroos and wallabies as well as a whole host of other wildlife.
Magnetic Island’s relaxed lifestyle, abundant wildlife and easy access to the Great Barrier Reef make it a worthwhile attraction. A 25-minute ferry ride from Townsville, it sits within the UNESCO-listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, albeit with a rocky landscape that differs from the usual tropical rainforest found on many of the Great Barrier Reef islands. Magnetic Island has less rainfall than the Wet Tropics to the north and the Whitsundays to the south
Cruises to Townsville
Departs: Phuket • Thu 28 Nov 2019
42 nights • Boudicca • D192829
- Combining calls at stunning Indonesian islands and diverse destinations in the land ‘Down Under’, this incredible voyage packs in plenty of highlights, from beautiful landscapes and beaches to Australian icons including native wildlife, world-famous landmarks and legendary New Year’s Eve celebrations.
- Your exploration of Indonesia includes chances to explore Weh Island’s fauna-rich jungle and warm, clear waters; visit Java Island’s sensational Borobudur Temple; marvel at the Gunung Rinjani volcano on Lombok Island; go ashore at Komodo Island; and sample paradise at beautiful Bali.
- In Australia, you’ll visit beautiful Broome, Fremantle – for tours to Perth – and historic Albany on the west coast; sail the south coast, stopping at Kangaroo Island, Melbourne and Hobart; and visit Sydney on New Year’s Eve, cruise the Great Barrier Reef and stop at Townsville along the east coast.
From £6,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Benoa • Wed 11 Dec 2019
28 nights • Boudicca • D1929
- An abundance of Australian icons await you on this unforgettable exploration of the land ‘Down Under’, with visits to coastal towns, cities and islands of three sides of Australia offering famous wildlife, natural wonders, quintessential beaches and landmarks.
- Highlights include Broome’s beautiful Cable Beach; historic Albany, where Australia’s first European settlers landed; Kangaroo Island, home to wild kangaroos, wallabies and koalas; an overnight stay in Melbourne, the ‘World’s Most Liveable City’; and scenic cruising of the breathtaking Great Barrier Reef.
- Visiting Sydney on New Year’s Eve will be simply unforgettable, with a chance to experience all the excitement of legendary festive celebrations, including the city’s spectacular fireworks display. An extended stay allows time to discover iconic sites, such as the Opera House and Bondi Beach, too.
From £4,199ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Benoa • Wed 11 Dec 2019
42 nights • Boudicca • D192901
- Explore three sides of the land ‘Down Under’ to discover Australian icons including native wildlife, world-famous landmarks and even legendary New Year’s Eve celebrations before heading to Papua New Guinea and Indonesia for feast of history, culture and spectacular natural beauty.
- In Australia, you’ll visit beautiful Broome, Fremantle – for tours to Perth – and historic Albany on the west coast; sail the south coast, stopping at Kangaroo Island, Melbourne and Hobart; and on the east coast, visit Sydney on New Year’s Eve and marvel at the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Calls at Alotau, Wewak and Madang present opportunities to immerse yourself in Papua New Guinea’s authentic tribal culture and fascinating war-influenced history; while in Indonesia, magical islands await, including Komodo Island – home to the world’s largest lizard – and idyllic Bali.
From £7,299ppFares Explained | What's Included