Situated between two of Italy’s most beautiful and best-known destinations, the Amalfi Coast and Cilento National Park, the lively city of Salerno is – perhaps unsurprisingly, but not justifiably – overlooked by many visitors to, and explorers of, the gorgeous Campania region.[ReadMoreMob]
However, the loss of the ‘over lookers’ is certainly the gain of those who do take the time to visit and explore Salerno; there are centuries of rich history – influenced by the Romans, Goths and Byzantines – to delve into here, landmarks, monuments and museums and aplenty awaiting discovery, and authentic local life to immerse yourself in.
Whether you choose to see the medieval churches and capture the gritty elegance of the neighbourhood trattorias; sample traditional cuisine at the finest restaurants, or people watch at one of the cafés over a proper Italian espresso; or take a stroll along the picturesque, tree-lined promenade, Salerno is sure to get under your skin.
Cruises to Salerno
Discover the Amalfi Coast • T2216
- Explore scenic Amalfi & Sorrento
- Visit the islands of Capri, Corsica & Menorca
- Tour to pretty Positano & Bonafacio
Discovering the Scenic Amalfi Coast • S2320
- Experience Italy’s beautiful Amalfi Coast to the full, from Borealis and ashore
- Revel in the coastal scenery, discover Roman sites and more, in Amalfi, Sorrento & Salerno
- Away from Amalfi, there are chances to explore ancient Rome and Cagliari