Roseau, Dominica’s capital, is a compact, vibrant and charmingly chaotic city. The narrow streets, lined with 18th century Creole architecture, lead to beautiful gardens and a smart waterfront that looks out over the Caribbean Sea.
Roseau’s cobblestone Old Market, formerly a slave auction site, sells local crafts and fresh fruit, while the Dominica Museum has exhibits on natural and cultural history. The Dominica Botanic Gardens is a great destination to view tropical flora and the native Sisserou parrots.
Roseau is a gateway to Dominica’s exotic interior, which soars to a dizzying 4,700 feet. Visitors can uncover dense rainforest, deep lakes, breath-taking waterfalls and fast flowing rivers that make the island truly unique. The nearby Morne Trois Pitons National Park is one of Dominica’s most impressive natural wonders; a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to volcanic mountain ranges, mud ponds and ‘The Boiling Lake’.
Cruises to Roseau
Islands of the Caribbean • M2233
- Relax on white sandy Caribbean beaches
- In St Lucia tour to see the twin Pitons
- In Basseterre you can ride the St Kitts railway
Christmas in the Caribbean • M223334
- Spend Christmas Day relaxing in the Caribbean
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve in the Bahamas
- Explore culture-rich Havana in Cuba
Iconic Caribbean with the Trinidad Carnival • M2304
- Experience the sounds of the Trinidad Carnival
- Tour to Kingston, former home of Bob Marley
- Enjoy an evening at the Tropicana in Havana