Roseau, Dominica’s capital, is a compact, vibrant and charmingly chaotic city. The narrow streets, lined with 18th century Creole architecture, lead to beautiful gardens and a smart waterfront that looks out over the Caribbean Sea.
Roseau’s cobblestone Old Market, formerly a slave auction site, sells local crafts and fresh fruit, while the Dominica Museum has exhibits on natural and cultural history. The Dominica Botanic Gardens is a great destination to view tropical flora and the native Sisserou parrots.
Roseau is a gateway to Dominica’s exotic interior, which soars to a dizzying 4,700 feet. Visitors can uncover dense rainforest, deep lakes, breath-taking waterfalls and fast flowing rivers that make the island truly unique. The nearby Morne Trois Pitons National Park is one of Dominica’s most impressive natural wonders; a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to volcanic mountain ranges, mud ponds and ‘The Boiling Lake’.
Cruises to Roseau
Classic Caribbean Islands • S2324
- Cuisine, culture, natural beauty and breahtaking beaches - experience the best of the Caribbean
- Sample Caribbean rum in Barbados, and learn about cocoa and sugar cane farming in Grenada and St Kitts
- Relax on the sands of Antigua, witness the volcanic wonders of St Lucia and Dominica, and much more
Transatlantic Voyage to the Caribbean Islands • M2330
- Escape the British winter and enjoy a well-earned break in the Caribbean
- Capture the beauty of gorgeous island landscapes and relax on paradise beaches
- Sample authentic Caribbean culture, flavours and delve into rich history
Transatlantic voyage to the Islands of the Caribbean • M233031
- Swap the winter gloom for Caribbean sunshine, scenery and Christmas celebrations
- Relax on beautiful beaches, discover volcanic lands, look out for whales and more
- Enjoy Christmas on board Braemar and, after exploring Havana, welcome 2024 in the Cuban capital