Roseau, Dominica’s capital, is a compact, vibrant and charmingly chaotic city. The narrow streets, lined with 18th century Creole architecture, lead to beautiful gardens and a smart waterfront that looks out over the Caribbean Sea.
Roseau’s cobblestone Old Market, formerly a slave auction site, sells local crafts and fresh fruit, while the Dominica Museum has exhibits on natural and cultural history. The Dominica Botanic Gardens is a great destination to view tropical flora and the native Sisserou parrots.
Roseau is a gateway to Dominica’s exotic interior, which soars to a dizzying 4,700 feet. Visitors can uncover dense rainforest, deep lakes, breath-taking waterfalls and fast flowing rivers that make the island truly unique. The nearby Morne Trois Pitons National Park is one of Dominica’s most impressive natural wonders; a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to volcanic mountain ranges, mud ponds and ‘The Boiling Lake’.
Cruises to Roseau
Departs: Southampton • Tue 07 Dec 2021
30 nights • Braemar • M213031
- Escape the gloomy British winter, as well as the stress of the busy festive period, and cruise across the Atlantic to the Caribbean for a simply unforgettable holiday.
- Spend almost three weeks hopping between islands such as St Kitts, Barbados, Antigua and St Lucia for spectacular scenery, beaches and an authentic taste of the Caribbean.
- Enjoy a Christmas Day of fun, food and festivity on board Braemar, and welcome 2022 in style, watching St Maarten’s New Year’s Eve fireworks.
From £3,849ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Bridgetown • Thu 23 Dec 2021
14 nights • Braemar • M2131
- On an incredible Caribbean exploration, experience a magical festive season that includes Christmas at sea, spectacular New Year’s celebrations and paradise island discovery.
- Uncover the delights of beautiful Bonaire and Curacao; indulge in the sunshine and beaches of Antigua; and ride St Kitts’s scenic railway, all before seeing in 2022 in St Maarten.
- Begin the new year in style, discovering the volcanic wonders and quintessential gems of St Vincent, St Lucia – home of the soaring Twin Pitons – and exotic Dominica.
From £3,099ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Bridgetown • Thu 03 Mar 2022
14 nights • Braemar • M2205
- With each destination specially selected for their incredible flora and fauna, this island-hopping adventure presents unmissable Caribbean wildlife watching opportunities.
- See sloths and monkeys in the trees of Costa Rican rainforest; go whale watching in Dominica; and visit Tobago, where you may be lucky enough to see the first turtles of nesting season.
- Encounter Bonaire’s iconic pink flamingos and the stunning sea life of Curacao; and enjoy a rare chance to see threatened, West-Africa-native mona monkeys in Grenada.
From £2,499ppFares Explained | What's Included