Praslin Island Cruises
Second largest of the Seychelles archipelago at only seven miles long, Praslin Island was originally the perfect hideaway for pirates, but is now the epitome of a tropical paradise, with crystal blue seas and tropical forests. Home to breath-taking beaches and rare bird species, the UNESCO-protected palm forest of Vallée de Mai in Praslin National Park is dominated by granite boulders, where it is possible to see sea turtles and moray eels.
Vallée de Mai
Once believed to be the biblical Garden of Eden, this pristine, biodiverse forest contains clusters upon clusters of the coco de mer palm (which is unique to the Seychelles). Aldabra Tortoises and rare, endemic black parrots may also be seen here.
The Seychelles is renowned for its stunning beaches, which are typically characterised by powder-white sand, turquoise waters, coconut palms and a scattering of granite boulders. Some of the most stunning include Anse Source d'Argent are Anse Lazio.
Cruises to Praslin Island
Iconic Wildlife & Vast Landscapes of Africa • T2332
- Join one of TV’s best-loved presenters, Michaela Strachan, on board this cruise, where she’ll host insightful talks and accompany guests on the Boulders Beach tour
- Go in search of the Big Five in Kenya and South Africa
- Discover an array of marine life in Indian Ocean islands
- Make time to explore the iconic city of Cape Town
Seychelles to Southampton Cruise • T233201
- Join one of TV’s best-loved presenters, Michaela Strachan on board this cruise
- Discover exotic flora and wildlife in the Seychelles and Maldives
- Go in search of the Big Five in South Africa
- Explore the lesser-visited gems of São Tomé and Zanzibar