Porto Novo Cruises
Home of one of Cape Verde’s largest populations, Porto Novo is one of the most vibrant and authentic towns found within this beautiful, African-influenced archipelago. Boasting an array of pleasant bars and restaurants serving traditional local food and drink, busy markets alive with daily commerce and a beautiful scenic harbour, this is Cape Verde at its best.
In addition to the engrossing culture, there’s beauty to behold here too. At the back of the town is the 2,000m-high Topo de Coroa, which is an easy climb and has magnificent 360-degree views, while dotted around the landscape lie family-owned farms that grow fruit and vegetables which are sold at markets in the town centre. There are also some old churches from the Portuguese era, as well as a couple of elegant squares with pleasant bars and cafés, from which to watch the world go by.
Cruises to Porto Novo
Islands of Cape Verde • T2230A
- Experience the spectacular beauty of glorious islands
- Enjoy an authentic taste of Cape Verde
- Discover volcanic landscapes and natural wonders
Civilisations of Cape Verde & Morocco • S2303
- Explore the imperial cities of Marrakech & Rabat
- Trek through the Atlas Mountains
- Discover music & dance styles in Cape Verde