Port Elizabeth Cruises
Steeped in history and known for its incredible weather, Port Elizabeth provides the complete South African experience. On the fringes of Algoa Bay at the western end of the Sunshine Coast, the area is renowned for its diverse marine life, sublime beaches and top water sports.
Founded in 1820, much of the city's history is evident today in the architecture of Fort Frederick and the Campanile Bell Tower – both part of the Donkin Heritage Trail that allows visitors to follow in the footsteps of the original 1820 Settlers on their journey of discovery and settlement.
From its darker past, Port Elizabeth is now the place to meet people and easily lives up to its nickname, the ‘friendly city’. Most things in the centre are on tap: bars, music, art and photographic spaces – all part of constant clash of cultures. The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum at the entrance to St George’s Park has a small gallery of paintings and sculpture by contemporary South African artists, and is a real treat to view.
Nearby, the Addo Elephant Park offers the chance to encounter the rare Addo Elephant, among a variety of other game, while a safari experience at the Kariega Game Reserve takes visitors in search of the ‘Big Five’. The 54 hectare Settler's Park in the city centre is a nature lover's paradise, boasting the most beautiful flora and fauna.
Addo Elephant Park
Originally established in 1931 to provide sanctuary for the remaining 11 elephants in the area, Addo Elephant Park – the third-largest national park in South Africa – is now home to more than 350 of them, as well as Cape buffalo, black rhinos and much more.
A poignant reminder of Apartheid, Port Elizabeth’s townships play a huge part in South African life. Home to thousands of locals, these thriving areas offer an authentic insight into extreme poverty while remaining places of hope and creativity.
Cruises to Port Elizabeth
Departs: Southampton • Thu 05 Nov 2020
140 nights • Boudicca • D20GV
- A holiday beyond your wildest dreams, this 140-night voyage to some of the world’s most iconic and intoxicating destinations offers authentic cultures and traditions, amazing wildlife, spectacular scenery and much more.
- Experience an exhilarating Asian exploration, to learn of samurais and geishas in Japan; explore the war-torn history of Vietnam; sample India’s engrossing hustle and bustle; and even celebrate New Year’s Eve in stunning Singapore.
- African adventures include chances to seek-out South Africa’s ‘Big Five’ game and Madagascar’s iconic flora and fauna; explore the colossal Namib Desert; marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza; and sail the impressive Suez Canal.
From £13,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Santa Cruz de Tenerife • Thu 12 Nov 2020
35 nights • Boudicca • D202829
- Seek-out the world’s largest desert, iconic landmarks and legendary wildlife in Africa; and sample paradise at a collection of idyllic Indian Ocean islands – all in just over a month – on this incredible holiday.
- You can experience an ultimate South African safari; encounter Madagascar’s famous fauna and flora; explore the Indian Ocean’s largest lagoon at Mayotte; and see the Seychelles giant land tortoises.
- You’ll also visit the sun-kissed Canaries and verdant Cape Verde; take in rarely-visited Ascension and St Helena; visit Namibia for the Namib Desert; and stop overnight in captivating Cape Town.
From £5,299ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Cape Town • Thu 03 Dec 2020
14 nights • Boudicca • D2029
- From seeking-out the ‘Big Five’ game on exhilarating safari adventures to exploring coral reefs teeming with colourful flora and fauna, enjoy unforgettable wildlife experiences on this cruise.
- Tour breathtaking South African game reserves; go in search Madagascar’s native wildlife, such as lemurs and chameleons; snorkel the Indian Ocean’s largest lagoon; and see the Seychelles’ giant land tortoises.
- What’s more, this incredible cruise also packs in the iconic landmarks of Cape Town; an opportunity to delve into Durban’s Indian-influenced heritage; and time to relax at picture-perfect beaches.
From £3,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Cape Town • Thu 03 Dec 2020
42 nights • Boudicca • D202930
- Chances to encounter incredible wildlife; discover paradise at idyllic islands; taste Far-Eastern culture; and see in the New Year in style make for an unforgettable end to 2020 and start to 2021.
- Seek-out South Africa’s ‘big game’ on exhilarating safari adventures; see Madagascar’s famous fauna and flora; marvel at the Indian Ocean’s largest lagoon in Mayotte; and meet giant land tortoises in the Seychelles.
- Spend Christmas Eve in Colombo and Christmas Day on board Boudicca, before visiting culture-rich Malaysia; being part of Singapore’s spectacular New Year’s Eve celebrations; and uncovering ancient castles, among countless other highlights, in Japan.
From £8,099ppFares Explained | What's Included