With its array of bars & restaurants, stylish shops, palm-lined beaches and charming Old Town, Palma – Mallorca’s cosmopolitan capital, is one of the Balearic’s finest destinations. Surrounded by vast mountains and crystal clear waters, it is also one of the most beautiful.
An historic city, Palma’s most popular attractions include the impressive Santa María Cathedral, a Gothic landmark begun in the 13th century that overlooks the Bay of Palma. The adjacent Almudaina is a Moorish-style Arab fortress converted to a royal residence, and on a hilltop west of the city, the magnificent 14th century Bellver Castle boasts stunning circular architecture and exhibits that uncover Palma’s vast history.[ReadMoreMob]
With charming narrow streets, large squares and 18th century stone walls, the Old Town district is a joy to explore. Half of the island's population dwells in Palma, and its lively, all-year-round atmosphere centres on luxury hotels, trendy restaurants, cafes, shops and nightlife, alongside a thriving art scene.
One of the prettiest villages on the island, Valldemossa sprawls over the hillside, its stone houses contrasting with the surrounding green forests. Almost every shutter is painted the same shade of emerald green, creating a satisfying artistic effect.
La Seu Cathedral
A truly magnificent structure, Palma's stunning cathedral combines a variety of architectural styles, but above all represents an exquisite example of Gothic design. Its stunning Gaudí and Barcelo-designed interior sets it apart from other cathedrals.
Served by delightful vintage wooden carriages for over 100 years, the 17-mile stretch between Palma and Sóller spans beautiful Spanish countryside. Sit back and savour it as the route winds through the Tramuntana mountain range and into the citrus valley.
Cruises to Palma
Departs: Southampton • Thu 05 Nov 2020
140 nights • Boudicca • D20GV
- A holiday beyond your wildest dreams, this 140-night voyage to some of the world’s most iconic and intoxicating destinations offers authentic cultures and traditions, amazing wildlife, spectacular scenery and much more.
- Experience an exhilarating Asian exploration, to learn of samurais and geishas in Japan; explore the war-torn history of Vietnam; sample India’s engrossing hustle and bustle; and even celebrate New Year’s Eve in stunning Singapore.
- African adventures include chances to seek-out South Africa’s ‘Big Five’ game and Madagascar’s iconic flora and fauna; explore the colossal Namib Desert; marvel at the Great Pyramid of Giza; and sail the impressive Suez Canal.
From £13,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Tokyo • Thu 14 Jan 2021
70 nights • Boudicca • D210105
- Experience a stunning 70-night voyage to some of the world's most fascinating and awe-inspring destinations, offering amazing wildlife, outstanding scenery and local cultures and traditions.
- Learn of historic Japanese events which changed history, explore the hustle and bustle of Singapore, relax on the beaches of Thailand or marvel at more than one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Explore the high-speed energy of Mumbai, or venture to Elephanta Island, set in lush green vegetation - a peaceful contrast to the commotion of inner Mumbai.
From £9,399ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Muscat • Thu 25 Feb 2021
28 nights • Boudicca • D210405
- Visit incredible destinations in the ancient Middle East and the Mediterranean, for unmissable opportunities to step back in time amongst centuries-old wonders and revel in the architectural, cultural and scenic delights of these captivating regions.
- Seek-out some of the world’s greatest ancient sites, including the Pyramids of Giza and ‘Lost City’ of Petra, in Egypt and Jordan; and explore the holy lands of Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Ashdod and Haifa in Israel.
- Delve into the legendary ancient history of Greece in Crete and Athens, with its famous temples and ruins; sail into Valletta’s magical Grand Harbour; and uncover the attractions of three stunning Spanish cities.
From £3,499ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Limassol • Thu 11 Mar 2021
14 nights • Boudicca • D2105
- Sail from Cyprus through the sun-kissed Mediterranean and discover historical, architectural and natural delights in this diverse and beautiful region.
- A weekend in Greece offers the chance to delve into Crete's 5,000-year-old history. Tour to Athens to uncover world-famous ancient sites such as the Acropolis or the mighty Parthenon.
- Delight in the UNESCO-listed Grand Harbour in Valletta. In Spain visit the Roman sites of Cartagena and discover diverse Andalusian attractions from Malaga.
From £1,799ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Tue 04 May 2021
18 nights • Black Watch • W2109
- Sail into the Mediterranean in the spring and succumb to the scenic, historical and cultural charms of sun-bathed Spanish, Italian and French destinations on this enchanting island-hopping adventure.
- Uncover Menorcan highlights such as impressive Monte Toro and glorious beaches; and take advantage of time in Mallorca to explore charming Palma, or take a scenic train ride to beautiful Sóller.
- Marvel at the dramatic Prunelli Gorges on the fabulous French Island of Corsica; enjoy the scenery, wines and traditions of Sardinia, Italy; and revel in the rich history of Valletta, Malta’s ancient capital.
From £2,949ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Dover • Thu 06 May 2021
16 nights • Boudicca • D2111
- Sail with style and sophistication during this exquisite exploration of the western Med, as Boudicca takes you to a string of stunning Spanish islands and cities, and destinations on the fabulous French Riviera.
- You can sample Mediterranean island life in Palma de Mallorca; take in the must-visit attraction of Barcelona, such as the iconic Sagrada Familia and Las Ramblas; and delve into Cartagena’s rich Roman heritage.
- On the gorgeous Côte d'Azur, the Romanesque architecture and Provencal markets of Toulon awaits; while glamourous Monaco – with its yacht-filled harbour, grand casinos and designer boutiques – is the icing on the cake.
From £1,999ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Tue 15 Jun 2021
17 nights • Black Watch • W2113
- Experience the Balearics at their very best, from golden sands and glorious scenery to rich culture and fascinating history, and even an unforgettable festival celebration.
- Catch the extravagant parties and events – including the infamous correfoc – of the Nit de Foc ‘Night of Fire’ in Palma, for an authentic taste of Mallorcan culture.
- Indulge in blissful relaxation on the beaches of Menorca, Mallorca and Ibiza; discover Ibiza Town’s historic side; and enjoy maiden Fred. Olsen visits to Alcúdia and La Savina.
From £2,399ppFares Explained | What's Included