Loch Eriboll Cruises
Scotland’s rugged north coast is dotted with islands, lochs and estuaries, as well as dramatic hills and secluded beaches, making it one of the most stunning areas of the country.[ReadMoreMob] On the western side of the north coast is Loch Eriboll, a 10-mile long sea loch which is one of the deepest in the country.
The small village of Eriboll, which gave the loch its name, sits on the eastern shore of the loch, while the western side is home to small townships including Portnancon and Laid. Around halfway down the loch is Ard Neakie, a small area of land connected to the eastern shore of Loch Eriboll by a narrow stretch of sand. Ard Neakie was once the site of a limestone quarry with four lime kilns, The famous Route 500 road passes by the end of the loch, which starts and finishes in Inverness, taking in some of the coast’s most scenic areas.
Cruises to Loch Eriboll
Departs: Liverpool • Fri 23 Apr 2021
6 nights • Borealis • S2107
- On this very special six-night sailing, you’ll be amongst the first guests to cruise on Borealis, and get to celebrate the beginning of a new chapter in Fred. Olsen history.
- The cruise offers a rewarding discovery of beautiful, close-to-home destinations too – some of Scotland’s greatest islands and waterways await you.
- Feel the tranquillity of Loch Broom, Eriboll and Torridon, as you look-out for scenic sights such as Beinn Ghobhlach, and enjoy time ashore to seek-out the treasures of the Shetlands and Orkneys.
From £949ppFares Explained | What's Included
Departs: Liverpool • Thu 29 Jul 2021
8 nights • Borealis • S2117
- Create memories that last a lifetime as you sail Scottish Lochs on a smaller ship – the best way to experience the beauty and tranquillity of this astonishing part of the world.
- See mighty Ben Nevis in Loch Linnhe and Beinn Ghobhlach towering over Little Loch Broom; Loch Fyne; Fingal Cave’s basalt columns and more.
- Ashore, your call at Fort William could coincide with the annual Lochaber Highland Games, while legendary historic sites, from castles to Neolithic treasures, await you too.
From £1,399ppFares Explained | What's Included